cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Knowledge

mathieu13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings. Just joined the community today, and am wondering what steps I should take in order to expand my own information on Public Mobile to adequately help those in the community. 

10 REPLIES 10

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd also suggest using this search tip from Google so you can filter search on the PM community site itself. 🙂 

google-site.png

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mathieu13 one more suggestion:  try reading through the posts and threads in this search's results:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_pu...

This finds thread that have been tagged with the "PM GUIDE" (except without the spaces--I've left the space here so the search doesn't find this post) tag, by community members that think it's a helpful reference.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would recommend you also join the (unofficial) Public Mobile Sub-Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicMobile/

jonfirlotte

Explore and read the topics and answer any questions you can, maybe start with the easiest ones

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mathieu13My suggestion is just observe for a while first to get to know the pace and timing. Most of the questions here I notice have to do with a few things.. Activation issue, Public Mobile quirks (payment, time to reach moderators, understanding the bills, rewards and taxes), Phone configuration (usually Android APN, phone unlock issues, band / frequency).. The outlier questions are few and in between.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mathieu13 wrote:

If nudged, will my own incorrect information be removed, or must I go ahead and do that myself? 

Reading is hard, but thanks, will do. 😊

You could edit it if you like. No one else is going to edit your posts for incorrect information. They might edit it if you're copying personal information in a quote that included personal information.

Most people will do a nice "oh but hey actually I think it's this way" rather than a blunt "you're wrong" kinda thing. Don't worry about it. It's all so that the asking customer gets the right information in the end.

YVR

@mathieu13 wrote:

If nudged, will my own incorrect information be removed, or must I go ahead and do that myself? 

Try your best to search the forums. 

The discussions are not deleted.  You might get corrected from other members

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mathieu13 wrote:

Greetings. Just joined the community today, and am wondering what steps I should take in order to expand my own information on Public Mobile to adequately help those in the community. 

Welcome aboard. Spend some time looking over the Community Forum posts. Have a look at the Knowledge Base...there's lot of info there.

If someone posts a question that you feel you can contribute to the solution, you're encouraged to help with that.

mathieu13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mathieu13 wrote:

Welcome.

1. Read

2. Read some more.

3. Keep reading.

🙂

Or post replies you think are good and others will nudge you so as to keep incorrect information from propagating.

Need Help? Let's chat.