cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect Calls?

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm just curious, but I had a family member try to call me collect tonight on the PM phone.  The other line was a cell phone as well, and I suspect it had no minutes.  I know rogers allows 'emergency collect calls' using *525.

The question is this, is it possible to 'accept' those calls?

I do have an additional 200 Canada & US minutes purchased and could see those being deducted.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BIG-N-LITTLE wrote:

And I can accept collect calls if I get that add-on

Seems no cell phones can take collect calls. Especially not a prepaid service that has no other charges like this one. There are third party services available that seem to work a lot like those calling cards or even manual intervention that the caller uses a human that calls you and you have to pay right there on the spot.

BIG-N-LITTLE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the ld add-on?

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thomask wrote:

I'm just curious, but I had a family member try to call me collect tonight on the PM phone.  The other line was a cell phone as well, and I suspect it had no minutes.  I know rogers allows 'emergency collect calls' using *525.

The question is this, is it possible to 'accept' those calls?

I do have an additional 200 Canada & US minutes purchased and could see those being deducted.

Public Mobile has no way to Bill you, Because with Public Mobile there are simply no overages or pay per use charges. What ever is not included in your Plan just doesn't work. I would have personally taken the collect call and then see what happens after. 

BIG-N-LITTLE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

And I can accept collect calls if I get that add-on

Yeah, I would wonder also on that, only because of that receiving ion province-wide, in another province.

I personally have no experience with that, and won't be out of province anytime soon.

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hence why I thought it could be treated as a credit towards collect calls.  Even if it was 2:1 ratio.

@Luddite, the LD Addon is also used to accept incoming calls on a province-wide plan when the receiving party is outside their home province.

It's usually work on home phone or postpaid I remember doing collect calls long time ago. You won't be able with pm since its pay before services.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Don't see how this could be done as all service is prepaid. There is no process to bill extra fees.

The long distance add-on is for outgoing calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.