cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for incoming calls

Wilmes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up with Public. They sent me 3 text messages, and although incoming texts are free, they were deducted from my allotted number of texts. Anyone know why this is?

14 REPLIES 14

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vipada

Minutes are charged for all calls...in or outbound....

vipada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I almost never call out but every month I got notice from Public mobile that I have 10 minutes left. Usually I get incoming calls. Do Public mobile charge for incoming calls too. ( no 514 6252041 and 514 2419995)

Ex: today my sister calls from US. During talking the message from Public mobile interrupt and shows I have 10 minutes left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

Yep, that's true. Ralph was nudging me for food and I became distracted. He doesn't react well to "just wait a minute".

RalphRalph

Oh hey Ralph. Enjoying your neighbours' yappy dog for dinner?

Anywho...sure.. in light of the likelihood of the OP probably actually having an iphone and with this stupid Apple iMessage thingy...I guess you would be right indirectly. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:
@Luddite wrote:
@Wilmes wrote:

I just signed up with Public. They sent me 3 text messages, and although incoming texts are free, they were deducted from my allotted number of texts. Anyone know why this is?

Because you have the $10 plan all texts & calls count.

I know you're an Oracle and all and who am I to challenge an Oracle but...is...that...true?

Isn't it unlimited incoming texts?

Yep, that's true. Ralph was nudging me for food and I became distracted. He doesn't react well to "just wait a minute".

RalphRalph

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ding Ding Ding RobertQc for the solution. Rock & roll.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Wilmes Do you have an iPhone? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Incoming-messages-are-counting-as-outgo...

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc

I Bravo'd thinking that was super clever (and it is) but then I thought...I have the $10 plan and my outgoings don't get consumed with those and I have all those internal replies on. So I don't know.

Edit: and then you edited more. That I'll Bravo. Stupid Apple. grumble grumble

Till he comes back and says I don't have an iphone. Lol GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

But at least I got "check usage history" in there so he can see the exact number his texts were wasted on 😉 giving us all a better picture of whats going on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc

I Bravo'd thinking that was super clever (and it is) but then I thought...I have the $10 plan and my outgoings don't get consumed with those and I have all those internal replies on. So I don't know.

Edit: and then you edited more. That I'll Bravo. Stupid Apple. grumble grumble

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Wilmes wrote:

Usually when this happens its because of "read / delivery receipt" so your phone actually sends a secret message back that you don't see saying "Hey, I have read your message"

Your phone might be different but try this

• Tap Menu Menu button icon (located in the lower left).
  • Tap Settings.
  • Tap Text messages.
  • Tap Delivery reports to enable or disable.
    NoteEnabled when a check mark is present.
  • Tap the Back icon Back icon (located in the lower-right).
  • Tap Multimedia messages.
  • Tap Delivery reports to enable or disable.
    NoteEnabled when a check mark is present.

Do you have an iphone? Check your usage history and what number its going to. Is it going to 474663? If so it may be trying to set up iMessage by sending SMS messages without you knowing (thank you, Apple!) or maybe a new number they are using.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Wilmes wrote:

I know you're an Oracle and all and who am I to challenge an Oracle but...is...that...true?

Pretty sure you are right

1221221.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Wilmes wrote:

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Wilmes wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wilmes wrote:

You have a contradictory subject and question.

Are you maybe asking about the $10 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.