cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for US Roaming I have never purchased

natanael_dobra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was just charged for US Roaming I have never purchased. How I contact a moderator for help?

27 REPLIES 27

@natanael_dobra wrote:

I have just arrived in Canada and I was able to contact my son and it is my son's charges (like someone said $9). My Roaming was still working yesterday, so I was confused by having something I have never paid for. Is it not strange to have Roaming activated when you have never paid for?

Thanks guys for your answers ...

Yes, it is strange. Sometimes the quirks at Public Mobile are to our benefit. Robot Happy

Just remember, if it works, even if unexpected, it's already been paid for; no pay as you go ever.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

natanael_dobra

I have just arrived in Canada and I was able to contact my son and it is my son's charges (like someone said $9). My Roaming was still working yesterday, so I was confused by having something I have never paid for. Is it not strange to have Roaming activated when you have never paid for?

Thanks guys for your answers ...

natanael_dobra

Tomorrow I have to drive 16+ hours... And I have to wake-up at 5 AM. I need to sleep... Thanks for your suggestions... 

@geopublic wrote:

@natanael_dobra wrote:

Screenshot_2019-07-26-23-48-26-460_org.mozilla.firefox.png

@natanael_dobra  No add-ons showing on that screenshot. The cc for $24.86 is the $22 charge dated Jun 29th The $9 must be for your son's account.

Edit: Ninjad again!!... I'm outta here!

@natanael_dobra wrote:

@natanael_dobra  No add-ons showing on that screenshot. The cc for $24.86 is the $22 charge dated Jun 29th The $9 must be for your son's account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@natanael_dobra wrote:

That's better. For that account, you renewed on that Jun 29th and were charged $22 and the total plus taxes appears on your cc.

So now if you want to figure out the $9 charge...we'll need another account that your cc probably pays for to track it down.

natanael_dobra

@Anonymous wrote:

@natanael_dobra wrote:

Ok... I have to sleep... tomorrow I am returning back in CA

Not very useful without dates and descriptions but I can see what's likely $3 in rewards...so that explains the $22.

You should be able to do screen captures on whatever device you're using rather than photos...fyi. 🙂

Agreed the last pic psted explains the $22 charge. The $9.00 charge is probably a top-up to cover the $15.00 (son's renewal). Mystery solved. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@natanael_dobra wrote:

Not very useful without dates and descriptions but I can see what's likely $3 in rewards...so that explains the $22.

You should be able to do screen captures on whatever device you're using rather than photos...fyi. 🙂

natanael_dobra

2019-07-26 23.26.59.jpg

@natanael_dobra wrote:

I am in US now and my Canadian no is working. Someone called me yesterday and I was in VA or NY far away from border, so I was thinking what is going on. Why is my number working in US? I did not pay... And then I check my visa and I saw a charge ... I have 3 PM number - my wife my son and I, but that amount of charge make no sense. My wife is on the same plan like me and my son on 15.... My son is in US and I was unable to contact him yet.

@natanael_dobra Believe it or not incoming texts and incoming calls are known to work without an addon. So that is a possiblity why you were able to receive that call.

Edit: Ninjad by Z.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@natanael_dobra wrote:

I am in US now and my Canadian no is working. Someone called me yesterday and I was in VA or NY far away from border, so I was thinking what is going on. Why is my number working in US? I did not pay... And then I check my visa and I saw a charge ... I have 3 PM number - my wife my son and I, but that amount of charge make no sense. My wife is on the same plan like me and my son on 15.... My son is in US and I was unable to contact him yet.

Inbound calls and texts curiously work. You can't do outbound.

When do these plans renew?

Maybe the $9 is the $15 minus autopay minus 4 refer-a-friends.

natanael_dobra

@Anonymous wrote:

@natanael_dobra wrote:

So that's $22 and $9 before tax in ON. These are charges for a plan not a US add-on.

Not sure how you got a $9 charge.

What plan are you on?

Is your cc used for another account as previously asked?

Edit: When is your renewal date?

So the $22 could be your plan minus autopay minus refer-a-friend.

Funnily enough...the BestBuy charge makes sense here as apparently you bought something for $10.

@natanael_dobra  Does you payment history show a $22 and a $9 charge?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@natanael_dobra wrote:

So that's $22 and $9 before tax in ON. These are charges for a plan not a US add-on.

Not sure how you got a $9 charge.

What plan are you on?

Is your cc used for another account as previously asked?

Edit: When is your renewal date?

So the $22 could be your plan minus autopay minus refer-a-friend.

Funnily enough...the BestBuy charge makes sense here as apparently you bought something for $10.

natanael_dobra

Sorry here is the correct picture2019-07-26 23.04.20.jpg

natanael_dobra

2019-07-26 22.59.39.jpg

@natanael_dobra wrote:

No. It did not show up in my payment history...just on my visa.

@natanael_dobra If it's not in your payment history then those cc charges are from another account. Do you use your cc for another account. Are you sure those charges are from PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@natanael_dobra wrote:

And do they say from Public Mobile? Your credit card *might* be compromised.

How do you know these charges are for add-ons?

natanael_dobra

@natanael_dobra wrote:

My plan is $25/30 days 500MB + 500MB at 3G

I am in US a lot of time but I have my US Number 352 870.... and I don't need a US add-ons. I bought it just one time in May but never bought it again and I have just saw on my visa that I was charged in June 29 two times $24.86 and another one charged 10.17.

Probably an error ...

@natanael_dobra Do those charges show up in your payment history?

natanael_dobra

My plan is $25/30 days 500MB + 500MB at 3G

I am in US a lot of time but I have my US Number 352 870.... and I don't need a US add-ons. I bought it just one time in May but never bought it again and I have just saw on my visa that I was charged in June 29 two times $24.86 and another one charged 10.17.

Probably an error ...

natanael_dobra

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@natanael_dobra  it is I would say impossible to be charged for an addon if you did not physically purchase it.  As mentioned post a screenshot of  your payment history and addons section.

natanael_dobra

Thanks for trying to help...

I have just written to a moderator team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@natanael_dobra wrote:

I was just charged for US Roaming I have never purchased. How I contact a moderator for help?

@natanael_dobra How is that possible? Can you post s screen shot of your selfserve landing page minus any personal info and your payment history to help you decipher on what's going on.

Need Help? Let's chat.