cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to another Plan...

Bucko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I have 2 plans with PM. Her's is a Nexus 4 on a 30-day talk only plan which began on September 18, 2016.

Plan is Pick &Pay, Provincial Voice Only @ 27$ before gst. I want to be able to text on that phone. There is no add-on for this plan, so have to change plans.

Changing to a new plan is cheaper.
30 Day Pass = $22
Text = $12
Total = $22

As mention above, we are paying $27 for a 30-day Voice only plan. Have prices gone down since signing up on Sept 18?

Regards, Paul.

17 REPLIES 17

Bucko

"PM is a prepaid service. This protocol is not unique to PM. All prepaid providers I know of work pretty much the same way, ie if you are changing your plan mid term you are not getting any refunds for unused portions of your previous plan."

Yuppers. In the whacky world we live in today, that seems sensible to me.

@bcolac01 wrote:

Thanks guys for all the info and post. However would have expect PM to be flexible with 90 day plan users. I will wait out and renew when due or will go with a comptetitive plan available at that time. Thanks Guys. 

PM is a prepaid service. This protocol is not unique to PM. All prepaid providers I know of work pretty much the same way, ie if you are changing your plan mid term you are not getting any refunds for unused portions of your previous plan.

As mentioned in previous replies: You are a third into your plan duration. Since you want to downgrade and your 3GB plan is already paid for just use it until renewal. Initiate a future dated plan change and you'll get the $90/1.5GB/90days plan on your next renewal (future dated plan changes can be canceled or changed up to the renewal date).

If you need flexibility from month to month you could go with a 30day prepaid plan (at a slightly higher price over the 90day plans) or you need to have to look at postpaid service providers.

bcolac01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks guys for all the info and post. However would have expect PM to be flexible with 90 day plan users. I will wait out and renew when due or will go with a comptetitive plan available at that time. Thanks Guys. 

Bucko

Earlier today I change plans. I decided not to have to plan change on the renewal date, which is 10-days in the future. I wanted to have the additional feature of the new Plan now, rather than wait another 10 days.

@bcolac01 wrote:

So if one upgrades then the change can be done right away. However for the downgrades then one has to wait for renewal date ?Smiley Sad

No, same thing applies. Whenever you change your plan before expiry you lose anything left on the old plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@bcolac01, no if they upgrade as well they would have to pay the new plan price and lose out on what they have paid for their current plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bcolac01

So if one upgrades then the change can be done right away. However for the downgrades then one has to wait for renewal date ?Smiley Sad

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bcolac01 @@if change plans before renewal date you will lose any remnainig time. You will not get any credit. Hense we always recommend future dating your plan chang

@bcolac01, it is possible to change now but you would lose out on your existing time and data with your current plan.  Your best bet would be to go into self-serve and future date your plan change to your next renewal.  As PM is a pre-paid service if you decide to change today you would then drop down to less data and not get a pro-rated refund from your first 90 day plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bcolac01

CURRENT PLAN since Nov 10,2017

90-day pass
$105 per 90 Days
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - 3GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Would like to switch to:

90-day pass
$90 per 90 Days
Select from options above.

This plan includes: -

• - Unlimited Provincial Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk

Possible to change now instead of renewal date?

Thanks

Bucko

Just to let you know, am able to Text from that phone now.

Your help has been much appreciated!

Best regards, Paul.

Bucko

Thank you, that was very helpful. I just finished changing to the plan you suggested. I decided to change it now rather than wait until the next update.

Best regards,

Paul.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

To change to any plan loginto self serve and select change plan button.  Select the plan you want then select change plan on next renewal.  

Bucko

I don't see where is says anything that you have mentioned re 90 days, autopay on that page.

We are already on Autopay for 2 plans (mine and my wife's).

How do I get on the plan you mentioned?

Regards, Paul.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you pay for only 30 days then it is $27. If you auto pay and pay for a full 90 days then you get $2 off per 30 days which equals $25/30 days. 

Offer details:

*With a $2 AutoPay reward activated

1 Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province.

Bucko

Yes, I see that. It's on another page, not the Change Plan page located here:
https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

So how do I escape from the plan I'm on now, and change to the one you recommend? Clicking on "Get Offer" gets a dropdown to purchase a SIM or Activate a SIM.

I'm totally confused.

Regards, Paul.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bucko,

For $25 per 30 days you can get the talk and text plan. I am not sure if the prices came down or PM is just offering different plan options.

$25/30 DAYS
  • TALK & TEXT UNLIMITED

Here is what you get:

$25/30* days

Unlimited Province-wide1 Talk

Unlimited Global Text and Picture Messaging

Voicemail and Call Display

30-day plan on Canada’s largest mobile network

Need Help? Let's chat.