cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Changing number to preferred area code

I currently have a Calgary,Alberta number but it has a 587 area code when I need a 403 area code?? Can I change my number to that area code it's for the same city

Oracle

@Lilchildjamie17 wrote:

I currently have a Calgary,Alberta number but it has a 587 area code when I need a 403 area code?? Can I change my number to that area code it's for the same city

Login to your account and click Change Number. Look at what is offered when you choose Calgary; that list is ALL that Public Mobile offers.

If you must have a a 403 Calgary number there are two choices:

a) leave PM for a carrier that has them, or

b) get the lowest cost plan from a carrier that has those numbers and port that number to your PM account.

This is an issue that has arisen several times. These are the only options I have seen work. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

@vincep wrote:

Number can be selected if requested through Moderators ..depending on the availability for the requested area code ...hope that helps 

I'll believe when I see it. Seems a waste of mod time if they will do it. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Lilchildjamie17 wrote:

587 Calgary phone numbers function exactly the same way.  You'll find that over time, less and less people will care about the area code and having a phone number with a city's original area code is largely for bragging or sentimental reasons.  This is especially true these days with more people relying in cell phone contact lists and no longer memorizing numbers.

You'll only be able to get a 403 area code Calgary number if one is available and if Public Mobile offers it.   I would second Luddite's recommendation to activate a prepaid service elsewhere with a 403 Calgary number if you can find one, and then transfer that phone number to Public Mobile.

You can search for a 403 number someone wants to sell it it’s really cool.  But that’s really vane.  It will be expensive.  Keeping your current number is best.

Oracle

@komodia , if you have patience, you can check daily early am EST for release of new numbers.  I got a CRD number with 250 area code for a friend which has quite a few 8s just recently.  @Lilchildjamie17 , you can use the same strategy for your 403 area code number.