cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan

Lynchsm93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I am due for my next billing on June 2 however I changed my plan so that it will change on my renewal date but it now says my original bill is still due June 2 and then I will be charged June 3 for my new plan. Is there a way to get around this double billing ?

8 REPLIES 8

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lynchsm93 wrote:

Sorry but that does not answer my question...I asked will I be charged twice as my account says ill be charged on June 2 for my current plan and again on June 3rd to change it..

Like I said you will be charged the full amount on the renewal date. 1 charge 1 date 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lynchsm93 wrote:

Sorry but that does not answer my question...I asked will I be charged twice as my account says ill be charged on June 2 for my current plan and again on June 3rd to change it..

If the system works as it should, you will only be charged once - the cost of your new plan (ie $50), less any existing credits, auto-pay rewards or other rewards.

Lynchsm93

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be charged the full new plan amount on the renewal date. Minus any balance on your account (if you have credits or something) 

Lynchsm93

my new plan is going to be more expensive... so do you think i will be charged my normal bill of $40 on June 2nd and then get charged another $50 for my new plan on June 3rd?

Thanks for your help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Lynchsm93,

I hope you're having a great day so far ! Just a small reminder that we've sent you a private message - whenever you get the chance, please view it 🙂

We look forward to helping you out!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Lynchsm93, which way is the cost changing?  More expensive, or less expensive?

i ask, only because when I did my first plan change, AutoPay took the value for my current plan, but my new plan was more expensive, and it got stuck.  I’m not sure if this was fixed or not.

As it’s still early enough, if your plan is going to be more expensive, I would suggest making a payment early, in the value of your new plan, less any rewards to be applied to your renewal.

Not trying to worry you, just giving an option to help ensure it goes through properly.

For the record, I did another change for the next cycle, the cost was exactly the same, and all worked fine.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HI @Lynchsm93,

What you are seeing is a quirk in the system.  Until your renewal date, the system will continue to show the amount due for your current plan; however, when your renewal date arrives, you will be charged only for the cost of your new plan (less any existing credits, auto-pay rewards or other rewards).

I hope the above is clear.  If not, feel free to ask more questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.