cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Language Settings

erminchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have accidentally set my language options to french, and all my emails and voicemail setup menus are in French. How do I switch back to English? Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@Summit wrote:

Hello kalla I also have this problem ---- I have accidentally set my language options to french, and all my emails and voicemail setup menus are in French. How do I switch back to English? Thanks!

Have a look at this thread for switching voicemail to english

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voicemail-is-in-french-now/m-p/167618#M...

You can also contact a moderator.

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Summit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello kalla I also have this problem ---- I have accidentally set my language options to french, and all my emails and voicemail setup menus are in French. How do I switch back to English? Thanks!

@Franferd wrote:

Hi, I screwed up my language setting as well, could you see if you can fix it for me too?  It got set to french but I would like it changed to english please

If you call voicemail and it's French from the first day and self serve too, you'll need to open a ticket and ask moderators to change the setting. Open the question mark chat.

Franferd

Hi, I screwed up my language setting as well, could you see if you can fix it for me too?  It got set to french but I would like it changed to english please

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aislinnritchie wrote:

I accidentally set my default language as french, and can't change it to english. How do I contact a moderator to correct this?

If you mean in the self-serve then @Moderator_Team < Click this.

If you mean in the Community then you can change that yourself in My Settings after clicking on the language button on the upper right.

aislinnritchie

I accidentally set my default language as french, and can't change it to english. How do I contact a moderator to correct this?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@merc66 wrote:

we don't speak french so are unable to follow the prompts any other suggestions

Capture.PNG

Worst arrow ever, but if you are referring to the forms, change this to english...

Top right of page

merc66

we don't speak french so are unable to follow the prompts any other suggestions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joshb wrote:

my whole account is set up in french, my voice mail, emails because the guy who set it up at walmart didn’t click the english button i’m guessing it is very frustrating, i can’t figure it out somebody please help me, this is very very very poor service 

As above for changing voicemail permanently. Also as above for temporarily changing it in the self-serve (FR in upper right). You will need to contact the @Moderator_Team to get the entire thing changed to English.

joshb

my whole account is set up in french, my voice mail, emails because the guy who set it up at walmart didn’t click the english button i’m guessing it is very frustrating, i can’t figure it out somebody please help me, this is very very very poor service 

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @erminchow,

Here is an easy way to change the language settings for your voicemail:

1. Dial up voicemail from your handset
  2. Enter password when prompted.
  3. Press 4 for Personal Preferences.
  4. Press 5 to change mailbox language.
  5. Press one of the following selection:
  • 1 = English 
  • 2 = French

The system will confirm that the language has been changed.

Let me know whether this promptly changes your language settings 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

erminchow

Hi @Kalla_A, it seems that email settings were changed, but not voicemail. Can you look into that as well?  Thanks.

@erminchow You're very welcome!

erminchow

Thanks everyone for your help

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @erminchow,

I have rectified the mistake: your account is now set in English.

Welcome to Public Mobile! Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

Kalla

On the account login language can be changed by button in upper right corner, on Community board click View Our Communty in English on the right side in the middle.

Incoming email I don't know for sure how language is managed but once the two above are set it seems to reset email.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mayor / Maire

Hi @erminchow - our community moderator @Kalla_A may be able to assist you with this. Please wait for her to respond to this thread.

Need Help? Let's chat.