cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes at Public Mobile Since I have been a customer.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Like many here, I have been a customer for almost 3 years since I started with the famous 2016 Fall Promo. I thought I would try to list some of the changes (both positive and negative) since being a customer.

- US roaming options 

- implemenation of 3G plans

- periodic promos for referral over and above the normal $1/30 days

- prepackage plans. All plans used to be via plan builder, now there is no plan builder

- removal of 10 and 90 day plans. 

- data bonus option for autopay

- referral code instead of giving out your phone number for referrals

- referral credit of $10 for new customers is now standard

- SIM cards used to free, then $5 (to cover postage) and now $10.

- SIM cards available in store, before you could only order from PM site.

- Kiosks in very limited locations

- plan cost changes - mostly for the better I would add. 

- and, of course, SIMON 

I sure there are others that people may want to chime in on. For me and my family, PM has been a very positive experience.

6 REPLIES 6

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I just joined and I’m loving it 🙂

I'm not sure how that relates to any changes at Public Mobile.  It's not necessary to post in every thread, especially threads almost a month old.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just joined and I’m loving it 🙂

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

thank you for making this, list I've only been with public mobile for a few months and it's nice to see that things are progressing in a good direction

tehowennathe

I been here since 2015 and I remember when PM had many using a call center. Plans over the years have gotten better. Best change PM made was adding a Canada US plan. I almost left pm when some family moved to US. Needed a Canada US plan and day I was going to leave PM announced the Canada US plan. I am sure over the years the list will get longer.

YVR

Great list.  There are plan changes and there is one that I think new customers are going to miss.  The $10 50 minute/50 text plan has been removed.

DL888

I joined two months ago, hopefully one day I'll be able to make a list that long 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.