cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, went from 126 to 90 / 3-months.

Bucko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought I would check to see if changing plans would save me some change. Am paying 126 / 90 days.

Went from:

• - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
  • - 3 GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

To the following for 90 / 90:

• - 1.5 GB Data
  • - Unlimited Provincial-wide Talk

I have a question.
Is the 1.5 gb of data for each 30-day period. If it is, I should be okay.

12 REPLIES 12

Bucko

Ooops, just noticed it's just below the word "Discount" in that column in smaller print, proving that a Doctorate in Nothing is no help.

Bucko

Ah Ha! Thank you Jorno. As usual, my brain works differently than most. I interpreted "3 Choices with Provincial Talk" to mean there were 3 additional features included with Provincial Talk, and I couldn't find anything on the Site to verify.

Regards, Paul.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bucko wrote:

90-day pass
$90 per 90 Days
  • Date Of change : Jan 6, 2018
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
  • - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk"

Above is the plan that will kick-in on Jan 6th.  I understand "unlimited provincial talk."

What does, "3 choices with provincial talk mean?

@Bucko, "3 Choices with Provincial Talk" is Public Mobile's description of the $60 discount you receive for three choices (talk, text and data) on this 90-day plan.  The discount description is found in the right hand column under "Discounts" when selecting or changing your plan in My Account (please refer to the image below).

Screenshot-2017-12-8 Public Mobile - ChangePlanLandingPage.png

Bucko

Sorry to be such a pita, but I'm having some difficulity understanding a few aspects of PM plans, add ons, etc.

"

90-day pass
$90 per 90 Days
  • Date Of change : Jan 6, 2018
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
  • - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - 3 Choices with Provincial Talk"

Above is the plan that will kick-in on Jan 6th

I understand "unlimited provincial talk."
What does, "3 choices with provincial talk mean?

Regards, Paul.

Bucko

"How much data did you use on average on your previous plan? If you are used to around 1GB of data usage per month and only occasionally make Canada wide calls, I'd drop the Canada wide calling option and go for the LD add-on instead (the minutes don't expire until used up). That would be $105/3GB/90days (throttled LTE aka "3G")."

I can't really tell you about usage. I used the Calendar function, set to Sept 7 (the calendar whouldn't go older than Sept.),  and Dec 7. Clicked on "usage," one page came up and indicated there was a 2nd page, going to 2nd page showed nothing. Nada.

This site seem work flakey for me.

Regards, Paul.

@Bucko wrote:

Thanks wetcoaster.

If sometime during the 90 days I see than I'm running out of data, without drilling down, am I able to top-up for the remainder?

You can contact the moderator team to renew your plan early.

Or buy the 1GB add-on for $30 (again the data on the add-on doesn't expire until used up) to tide you over until your renewal date.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Bucko wrote:

I thought I would check to see if changing plans would save me some change. Am paying 126 / 90 days.

Went from:

• - 3 GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

To the following for 90 / 90:

• - 1.5 GB Data
  • - Unlimited Provincial-wide Talk

I have a question.
Is the 1.5 gb of data for each 30-day period. If it is, I should be okay.

How much data did you use on average on your previous plan? If you are used to around 1GB of data usage per month and only occasionally make Canada wide calls, I'd drop the Canada wide calling option and go for the LD add-on instead (the minutes don't expire until used up). That would be $105/3GB/90days (throttled LTE aka "3G").

Bucko

Thanks wetcoaster.

If sometime during the 90 days I see than I'm running out of data, without drilling down, am I able to top-up for the remainder?

Never extra charges at Public Mobile. Once data has been used it just stops working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Bucko

"Sorry, but data is for 90 days on 90 day plans. I think you mean the new plan is $90? It's the one I use with the $15 long distance add-on."

I've got 3 gb now on current  Public Mobile plan. I don't use data much on my cell phone as I have a data plan with Fido and use an LG Gpad IV (and I also have a III).

To be sure, the 1.5 gb of data is over 90-day? How much will I get whacked if I go over?

Regards, Paul.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

The data indicated is for the full term. So, if you have a 90day plan your 1.5GB is for the full 90days, or an average 0.5GB per 30days (you can spread your use however you wish over the 90 days).

Edit: @Luddite beat me to it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, but data is for 90 days on 90 day plans. I think you mean the new plan is $90? It's the one I use with the $15 long distance add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.