cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my number

pattiboutilier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my phone number today and it still rings on the other phone how long til it will ring on my cell ?

8 REPLIES 8

@avpavp

Unfortunately, it looks like your port is stuck.  You will need to wait for moderator.  If your Koodo account is active, you can continue to use.  Moderator waits times have been about 2-3 days.  Moderator do work on weekends, so hopefully, you will get some response this weekend.

avpavp

I'm trying to port my number from Koodo.

Just bought a new Public Mobile SIM, followed the instructions, said it might take 2 hours - I'm going on 24 hours now - I've PMed the MODs (as I gather is what I'm supposed to do).

No info, no idea what's going on?

First impressions are not great ... 😞

If you’re porting in from Bell, they like to hold you back, until they can offer you a chance to stay.  Other issues such as mistyped information can also delay a land line port in similar fashion as regular mobile porting.

As mentioned above, VoIP and POTS porting do take significantly longer.

ColdWinters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Usually when you port from a cell-to-cell the changing of the SIM card and the porting of the number signals to your old provider that you no longer are with them.  They will take action to end the service.

With the landline, I suspect that it is a slightly different process.  It may not hurt to just call your landline provider and ask them where they are in the process.  I suspect if your new cell  phone is able to recieve texts and make calls it is just a matter of time before the landline stops ringing.  I'd give it 24hrs and see.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pattiboutilier wrote:

I changed my number from my landline to public mobile my texts are going through with the number and when I call someone it shows up as that number but when someone calls me it still rings on my house phone ...

@pattiboutilier

Landline porting usually takesa little longer to complete..when did you port?

pattiboutilier

I changed my number from my landline to public mobile my texts are going through with the number and when I call someone it shows up as that number but when someone calls me it still rings on my house phone ...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@pattiboutilier wrote:

I changed my phone number today and it still rings on the other phone how long til it will ring on my cell ?

@pattiboutilier

Can you give us more details?

Are you transferring your number from another provider? (It's called porting...) Which provider?

Are you porting a number from a landline, VOIP service, cell phone provider?

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will get a text message when the number port is completed, which usually takes an hour or two. When I ported my number to Public Mobile, it took me about 2 hours before I got phone calls on the service. In the mean time, keep both phones powered up and nearby, or you could even call forward your old service to the temporary phone number you got with Public for the few hours it will take. Sometimes, this process could take up to 24 hours. I would say contact a moderator if you still have this issue tomorrow evening.

Need Help? Let's chat.