cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed My Number and cant connect to network

Ruok2bu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number 2 days ago, the change went through successfully and my phone got updated with the new number.  I was able to receive some text messages for the first day but now i get nothing. In addition calls are failing. Signal quality at the top right corner shows an X and my account isnt past due.

Restarting phone didnt help.

Any idea what's happening and how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Ruok2bu the "x" means mobile data is not enabled

Ruok2bu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Weird thing; calls and sms now work but theres still an x on the signal bar for public mobile.

In any case, it now works.  Thanks darlicious!

@Ruok2bu 

Sorry first check your network settings....they may need to be reset then try everything else....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ruok2bu 

Try enabling airplane mode. Wait a few minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Try some test calls /texts. This completely disconnects you and the establishes an new connection to the network.

If that doesn't work log in to your account and report your phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out. Reboot phone. This disconnects your sim from the service and reconnects it. Again try some test calls or texts.

If you still have issues then contact the moderators to look into it after checking your network settings are correct......

Need Help? Let's chat.