cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 'reseller name' to something else during port over?

slugboy6000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ran into an issue porting into Public Mobile.  When prompted for the 'reseller' during sign up I left it blank not knowing what that was.  'Current carrier' would have made more sense to me.  Because of my misunderstanding, the port took much longer than it should have.... and if I had one critique of Public Mobile it would be the slow email back and forth with support mods as helpful as they are.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

7 REPLIES 7

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @slugboy6000 .  Thanks for the feedback. Stay safe.

Hi @slugboy6000 

Thanks for the tip

It actually may be important if your already ported your number to another competitor.

There is no really way of knowing where to go and ask for the number.

My number is originally Rogers number and it shows everywhere as Rogers number. If I didn't specify that I'm porting out from freedom they would probably try to contact Rogers with my freedom account information to move my number over, if they would even attempt it

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jillian wrote:

@Daps that’s interesting. I ported a number yesterday and don’t recall being asked that question. I must just be getting old and forgetful 

Public mobile needs this info to port your number from your old provider. You need to prove that you are the authorized account holder.

Jillian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Daps that’s interesting. I ported a number yesterday and don’t recall being asked that question. I must just be getting old and forgetful 

Daps

@Carniam wrote:

I recently ported a number over and don’t remember being asked this question. I thought it was just number, name on account, device number, current account number and current pin

The usual info needed to port from another mobile provider is: phone number, provider carrier, account number, and account owner's name.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently ported a number over and don’t remember being asked this question. I thought it was just number, name on account, device number, current account number and current pin

Daps

@slugboy6000thank you for sharing your feedback her in the forum. And welcome to public mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.