cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number

saponga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signup for the 11 days plan and finally after 3 days it has changed to the 120 promo plan. Now I want to transfer my Wind phone number to this account. My question is: should I transfer it now or, because all the issues people are having, should I wait a little longer?

Any advise????

10 REPLIES 10

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please elaborate 

kenrick15

How can get my old number 

Rockdaddy22
I personally prefer just to use account number when porting. I guess if you're %100 sure of your pin and imei, you'll be good to go. @imm1304 would know better than I would that's for sure 🙂

smashthosepies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey @saponga,

I was in your exact situation not too long ago. I just recently took the dive for Public Mobile 5 days ago and everything went well for me. I logged my journey so far [here], including all the steps, references, and sources that I used to make every decision during the process. I just thought it might help.

One advice: double-check 4 times lol

Good luck!

imm1304

Happy to be able to help.  

saponga
Hi imm1304, actually the account does show 8.00 pf available funds. I didn't know that I have to go back add the add on. I thought that would be automatic. My bad. Gonna do now.
Tks again for your help brother

imm1304

You're welcome @saponga,  

Is the add-on you purchased showing up under "My Add-ons" in selfserve?  If its not appearing, then check your "Available Funds".  You probably have the amount you paid for the add-on as a balance now.  

The system is setup to look for balance on your account and if there is sufficient balance, then the add-on is activated.

If you didn't have the balance to pay for the add-on, the system will direct you to make the payment.  After you make a payment, you still need to go back and add the add-on to your account.  

saponga
Thanks imm1304 and cheeseburger for the advise. I think I gonna wait a few days to port the number. Yesterday I add the 8 dólares roaming to my wife account (successfully portt from wind a month ago) and today she could not make a call outside the province, even though the account was charged. I think the system is very bug right now. Better wind service than no service at all 🙂

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wouldn't bother with the IMEI as this just adds another chance to make a mistake and end up without service. You only need the account number to complete the port.

Given that help is at least 12 days away you really need to ask yourself if you can wait for 12 days for help. Despite the optimism of other people this is the reality of the situation.

imm1304

Hey @saponga,

Most of the port requests are going through just fine.  

It is absolutely critical to make no mistake in entering your Wind mobile phone/account numbers and PIN, etc.  Just double check the info you enter to minimize chance of an error.

If you have been using the same phone with your windmobile sim card, then enter the IMEI number of the phone on the port request form as well.  Otherwise leave it blank.  Ask if you are unsure about anything before you proceed.  

Everyone I know who joined PM (>2 dozen people) during the promo had no issues porting their number over.  

If the port request fails, you will get no incoming calls and no incoming sms on your public mobile line.  But, your wind service should remain active and continue to function fully until the port completes.  

In a situation where your port request is stuck after couple of hours, you will need help from PM support staff to re-submit the port request.  This is where the long delay in getting a response will come into play.  

If you attempt port right now, odds are in your favour.  However, if something goes wrong, you will have to wait a while to get help.  If you port later, its hoping that there will be no delay in the even that the port fails.  

Need Help? Let's chat.