cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my existing Public mobile number

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

Is there any option to change my existing public mobile number to my other previous number which I am not using anymore. And will my all existing offer be valid with the change?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

iliusfaisal

Log in to your public mobile account. Under my profile section in the right, click change number option. Then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider" And choose your local calling area. Then Submit. It should work. But then your Fido number will be deactivated as you using the number for PM.

@KERSHAIDAN wrote:

We did everything there but it still rejected the information provided! I need help.  We have three phone numbers on Fido. The main account holder stays active and the two subsequent accounts I would like to port over.  Please help!

@KERSHAIDAN  Are the numbers you want to port part of a Fido business account? If yes, then you need to convert them to regular accounts before you can port them. Best to call Fido and ask them. If Fido confirms they can be ported and you can't setup the port online then just provide the info and ask Public Mobile to do it for you.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

KERSHAIDAN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We did everything there but it still rejected the information provided! I need help.  We have three phone numbers on Fido. The main account holder stays active and the two subsequent accounts I would like to port over.  Please help!

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@KERSHAIDAN wrote:

Hi there,

I am new to Public Mobile.  We are trying to port over existing phone number from Fido but it won't allow us to. Can you please help me? 

I can provide the account number of Fido, SN # etc.  It just won't let us move the number!

HELP!!!

Log in to your self serve account on public Mobile and pick the option to change your number, there you will have two options one is to get a new Public Mobile number and the other is to port your number. Pick the port option enter your Fido number and then fill in the information it asks you and click submit 

KERSHAIDAN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am new to Public Mobile.  We are trying to port over existing phone number from Fido but it won't allow us to. Can you please help me? 

I can provide the account number of Fido, SN # etc.  It just won't let us move the number!

HELP!!!

@iliusfaisal wrote:

Actually, it is my other operator number which is still active. I want to switch it off and change my current PM number to it. 

You can port that into your Public Mobile account.  You will lose the phone number that you had with Public Mobile, but nothing else will change.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iliusfaisal each SIM tied to the a number that cannot be switched. 

iliusfaisal

Actually, it is my other operator number which is still active. I want to switch it off and change my current PM number to it. 

lukealex121
Spoiler
I just realized you wanted to change it to your old number - this is only possible if it isn’t assigned to someone else. 

You can change your phone number in Self Serve.

Login to your account, then under “profile”, click “change number”:

16EC0452-9FDD-4069-B9CA-3C429844F7C3.jpeg

From there, you can choose a new number and apply it to your account (I was going to include more in-depth screenshots but self-serve became unresponsive.

As far as keeping promotions that you have, you will keep your plan and rewards for sure, but if you have any sort of promotional add on (such as the 5gb bonus from the weekend), I’m not 100% certain if those will be lost or not. 

I hope this helps!

@iliusfaisal wrote:

Hello,

Is there any option to change my existing public mobile number to my other previous number which I am not using anymore. And will my all existing offer be valid with the change?

Thanks 

Public Mobile phone numbers can be changed without affecting your plan.  Whether or not you can get a phone number back depends on if someone else has already taken it (if that old account is closed).  If the other number is a current Public Mobile phone number that you have, they won't allow you to swap numbers between accounts.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

What's going on?  Do you just want to change your number?

A port from one PM account to another cannot be done.  You'll need to port it out to another carrier, then bring it in.

If you mean an old number that you've replaced with a new one, you'll need to ask the Moderator_team -  but if it's been assigned somewhere else, no.

Need Help? Let's chat.