cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my card

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a pre-paid user.

I have seen freedom have a cheaper price than here. If I would like to use my old phone number and transfer to a new company. Is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Absolutely. You should check with freedom to see that the phone is compatible first, but I'm sure it will be. I'm no expert in FM but I've seen some posts here that their coverage is not as widespread.

Before I switched I'd ask around to make sure they have good coverage in the areas your going to be.

Sad to see you go, but good luck to you. And I it doesn't work out for you, remember we're always here and it's just as easy to port back! If you do so within 90 days, you can keep the same account setup and email too.

bhavpate4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes then can port your number... need two thing at the moment.. your pm phonne # and PM account number ..

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@2493599588 wrote:

I am a pre-paid user.

I have seen freedom have a cheaper price than here. If I would like to use my old phone number and transfer to a new company. Is it possible?

@2493599588  Yes, during your signup with freedom ask them to port your number.Make sure you have your PM account number and remove your AutoPay and credit card info from your selfserve account. Once the port completes and your number is transferred over to Freedom your PM account will automatically close.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@2493599588 wrote:

I am a pre-paid user.

Yes, you can transfer your Public Mobile number to Freedom, it's referred to as "porting your number".

Please be aware that your Public Mobile account must be active, a number can't be ported from an account that is suspended.

The port is initiated by the new provider, they will need the name on your Public Mobile account, your Public Mobile account number and the number you want to port.

Oh, and depending on your location you might want to test Freedom for a while before porting. Their network doesn't have the Telus backing Public Mobile has, which means there is a probability that Freedom's network is not as good as Public Mobile's where you are.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@2493599588  hi yes they will port it for you just remember your account here has to be active in order to port your number

Need Help? Let's chat.