cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in pricing for the better

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Curious to know, I am currently paying $126 for the 3Gig+3 Gig bonus at 3G for 90 days, Province-Wide, global texting, and I just noticed the plans are now $120 for the exact same plan. 

Does Public Mobile automatically changes the prices for existing customers, or we are out of luck?

7 REPLIES 7

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also don't forget to captured the screen shot for the changes

llama
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@SD08 Thank you for clarifying! I just updated my plan (which will be changed on my renewal date). 

For anyone who's wondering how to do this,

1. Go to "My Account"

2. Pick "Change Plan"

3. Choose the same options you have now. Double check your Current Plan and New Plan features are the same

4. Click on the "Change on next renewal date" button at the bottom right

5. "Yes, Change my Plan"

6. On your "My Plan" page, it will show a small box that says "Future Dated Plan Changes" 

Hope that helps!

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SD08 wrote:

When prices change, PM does not automatically adjust prices for those on a plan with the same features. However, you can still take advantage of the better price by future dating the better package to start on your next renewal. Just make sure you select "Change on next renewal" after you're done choosing the plan.  Otherwise, choosing the other option to change  immediately will forfeit the remaining time you prepaid on your current cycle. If the system won't allow you to select the better pricing because it has the exact same features as the plan you already have, then you should get a moderator to make the adjustment for you.

This makes sense.

@mpcdesign problem is pricing is often least of peoples concerns

eg Older Public plans had call centre support, new ones do not, and even the Koodo price match plans did but charged for it

Even if plan is 100% identical feature wise there can be some serious differences

(not applicable here, but on other carriers overuse rates or extra charges can often be significantly more)

@will13am I only had that situation happen once, and it was with my 'little guy, but not so little' cable internet provider.  Start Communications out of London, ON after a CRTC ruling sometime in the summer of 2016 lowered prices on all base plans, and added unlimited downloads (unlimited was $10/month) at no cost to those on higher than the minimum plan available.

I actually switched from a slower plan to a higher plan for the same price.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When the identical plan is repriced downwards, the system should automatically update for all affected customers.  While it is counter to plan granfathering, it is the right thing to do especially when grandfathering is trumped by the terms of service anyway.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When prices change, PM does not automatically adjust prices for those on a plan with the same features. However, you can still take advantage of the better price by future dating the better package to start on your next renewal. Just make sure you select "Change on next renewal" after you're done choosing the plan.  Otherwise, choosing the other option to change  immediately will forfeit the remaining time you prepaid on your current cycle. If the system won't allow you to select the better pricing because it has the exact same features as the plan you already have, then you should get a moderator to make the adjustment for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.