cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan

trina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello:

I spoke with two different reps from Public Mobile yesterday morning to request a change to my son's $25 talk and text plan.  I was requesting data be added to the phone.  I was told that because the plan was an older plan they could not make the changes immediately but a request had to be filled out and sent for the change to take effect.  I was told I would get an email notification which I am still waiting for.

I would like to know how long of a wait it is to make a change to your account.  It's been 24 hours and two phone calls later, still nothing. 

Please advise as soon as possible or at least let me know how much of a wait time it is to make this change.

Thank you,

Trina

6 REPLIES 6

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@trina

I'm very sorry to hear about this, this is quite upsetting 😞

I had a look at the emails we sent you and there was an email from Matthew, requesting to change the plan ASAP because you were told that you will be receiving the email confirmation within 24 hours and still nothing, we also confirmed the changes that will take effect after the changes. 

Can you kindly private message me with the Public Mobile phone number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

trina
Im not sure who I can contact but yesterday I received the email below from public mobile support. One of my three replies is also below. As no one is getting back to me after 3 replies I thought I would try here.

After getting some advise from this forum I chose not to continue with my plan change but rather buy a data add on. As such I did not reply to Public Mobiles request to confirm the change. Even though I didnt reply, someone from PM went ahead and made the change without me replying to the email request. I want the account switched back to the plan I had as I did not authorize the plan by replying to the email and no one is getring back to me. Any advise/help would be appreciated.

Copy of email reply:
This is quite upsetting as your rep insisted they could not change the plan until I authorize the change by email. Why was this change completed without the authorization!!!

What is the purpose of having rules and procedures if they are not being followed?

Please rectify this plan change ASAP as I did not authorize it.

I do not want to wait 3 more days to get a reply.

Reply by email or call me ASAP.

Thank you
Trina

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:53 AM
Subject:Re: My Account -> Rate plan and Add-Ons -> Data Add-ons -> Standard End State With PIN/Acct # (#4824-9204) (KMM56577752V65165L0KM)

Hi Bryce,
Thank you for contacting public mobile.

We are sorry for the delay.

We have successfully migrated you to our new rate plan program!

Please restart your device and test your services.

Can you confirm that everything is OK?

Respectfully,

Amine

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@trina

I got your message, yes it's fine, you can try @Luddite's suggestion 🙂

Please let me know for any other questions!

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

trina

Thank  you for the tip.  I didn't know that it doesn't expire.  I figured you had to use it within one month.

That may be the best option for me.

Thanks again!

Trina

@trina You could have data without changing your current plan by purchasing a data add-on. (200 MB of data for $10, 1GB of data for $30). It does not expire until completely used; even if that is several months.

You can do that directly from your self serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @trina

I'm very sorry about this, 

Due to a high volume of email requests, there could be a delay in getting an answer back. 

I will be glad in assisting you with the plan change, can you please private message me with the phone number and the new plan request? 

*With this change, as mentioned by the Call Centre agent :

• You will no longer have access to the Call Centre
  • If you have any questions or comments, you may visit our Community and click on “Contact Us”.
  • You will not be able to come back to your original Grandfathered Price Plan
  • You will now have access to our Rewards Program (Visit our Website for more details)

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.