cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Change IP address?

Hey do you mind linking the reddit post? Just want to take a look.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Although TELUS is aware of the issue, I guess it may depend on your device, but I went down a network speed to HSDPA (4G) and now it works again!

If I go back up to LTE, as of last night's testing, it reverts back to giving me an authentication error.

I'm unsure as to why the technology of LTE (vs HSDPA/4G) would prevent the app from allowing you to log in, but my Clefairy is very happy to be able to walk around and find candy again. ^_^

Valor FTW. Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am always on LTE . works fine. just loged into it. 

store is a bit slow but I already collected my coins today.

Swaping speeds could help - usually 3G is good enough for it. 

I just tried switching back to LTE to play and I'm still getting the error.

Albeit, the error shows up faster now than it did when I first started experiencing issues, so... Maybe that's an improvement in the works somewhere?

Switching from LTE to GSM / WCDMA network modes seems to have made it somewhat work. Maybe a 50/50% chance.

Still happening to me, and I'm seeing now on Reddit some people posting about it happening in the United States on Cricket and some guy in Sweeden. 

Seems to be spreading as before it was only Telus users, although not widespread enough to get Niantics attention. Smiley Frustrated

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok I thought I was going insane. I can connect via wifi 100% of the time but as soon as I switch to data I get unable to authenticate. Tried everything and I still get the error, but only on mobile data.

Sure hope Telus fixes this issue. Maybe the whole subnet got banned by niantic for people GPS spoofing who knows. Smiley Sad But the game is pretty much useless until this is fixed.

Found a fix for me.

I spend all of my time on 3G, so I switched to LTE, tried to log in, failed, switched back to 3G and now it works again.

So if you're using LTE try going to 3G and if you use 3G try using LTE. It seems to fix it somehow, maybe only temporarily. 

I've seen other posts about people toggling back and forth and it starts working so give it a shot if you are still having issues. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried that but still doesn't work. I suspect that it could be niantic issued an IP ban for people cheating and possibly banned a whole subnet, which is ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past them.