cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular network not available

peterpasschier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have this phone, unlocked, works with other cards, I think it should work on Public Mobile: Doogee X7 Pro. My plan is the standard $30/30d, activated and paid.

In the SIM cards settings I have the TELUS labeled card active, and set as the preferred SIM for Cellular data, Calls and SMS messages. It shows Number Unknown

No signal is showing in the top bar icon, NO SERVICE on the lockscreen. Data is not working. When I call I get the message "Cellular network not available", and when I call my number from a different phone I get to the voicemail for that number.

I have rebooted a number of times, I tried both SIM card slots, anything else that can be done?

40 REPLIES 40

As @Dunkman listed above, your phone will not work here except for the 4G Data.

You can install an app such as Fongo, to get a free telephone number for the time until you get another phone, or move to a compatible carrier.

Fongo will make calls over data, so 4G and WiFi.  Currently, only Rogers towers will allow your phone to use a calling band.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@peterpasschier wrote:

Thank you everyone, I think it is clear that talk is not going to work...

@CS_AgentCould I still cancel my plan? And how about the SIM card??

Public Mobile is a Prepaid Provider and like all Prepaid Providers in Canada there are no Refunds and on top of that its not like it Public Mobile Fault. It's your phone that is partially compatible for North America. 

peterpasschier

Thank you everyone, I think it is clear that talk is not going to work...

@CS_AgentCould I still cancel my plan? And how about the SIM card??

I am not a tech expert, but I think that your phone does not have the appropriate 3G bands (ie. 850,1900 Mhz) for talk.  

Your phone has 3G Bands: UMTS 2100 / 900 MHz

Not compatable with talk

"4g" could mean LTE.  If "3g" networks aren't enabled in the phone settings, or if this phone isn't compatible with Public Mobile's 3g network, voice calling won't work.  This could explain why data works but not phone calls.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That phone has no business being used in North America.  You would have to have the phone at a tower that supports 2600 mhz LTE, and not all of them do.

peterpasschier

Without doing anything, something has now changed, when I try to call now, it no longer says "Cellular network not available" but it is trying to make the call (but not succeeding in getting through, no 'ringtone' is heard). But the phone number now shows on the SIM card (Carrier is still TELUS).

And on the top bar 4G is now showing, and when I tried data, it worked! Now I need the phone to connect...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If it is saying Telus then it might not be detecting it properly, it should say Public Mobile. You should try removing the SIM card, clear the phone's cache, restart it, then put the SIM back in.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@peterpasschier

Your phone may not work on Public Mobile.  

Check the website:

https://willmyphonework.net

I checked 2G, 3G incompatible, 4G  only band 7 - 2600 Mhz

Maybe try the PM Sim card in another phone to determine whether hardware issues verus Public Mobile problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.