cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular data not working on iphone 6

Question1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cellular data is not working with my iphone 6. Phone and message is working fine. I searched the message board and tried changing apn settings, taking out sim card, resetting phone, etc. I think I may need a moderator to help with the issue.

16 REPLIES 16

ojackman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

done, but still not working

ojackman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to connect to a netwrok. Tried removing sim card and powering off...Any tips?

deepatiwari

Go to Settings --> Cellular and turn Cellular Data ON. Also, make sure to select Roaming On under Cellular Data Options

@Question1984While you are waiting for the moderators, I suggest you swap your SIM card into a known working phone to see if it is a phone problem or a SIM card/ account problem.

@Question1984 Have you tried everything in Calgaryben's post that @wetcoaster referenced. 

As an iPhone 6 user it is very indepth and covers everything. 

You say you have never been able to use data since activating with PM. Are you able to send MMS with wifi turned off?

@Question1984 wrote:

Ok, so I've read everything on the message board. I'm on the most recent ios, I tried resetting network settings, reset the phone, changed the apn settings to the ones recommended on the message board, still no luck. Can I get some help from a moderator?

If you have used 0.02 data, it means data is working.

Check your Cellular Mobile Data settings. You may be restricting data and you may need to enable data for certain apps to work.

If you want to contact Moderator_team, you will need to send them a private message. Response time varies up to 2+ days.

Question1984

Ok, so I've read everything on the message board. I'm on the most recent ios, I tried resetting network settings, reset the phone, changed the apn settings to the ones recommended on the message board, still no luck. Can I get some help from a moderator?

@Question1984 wrote:

I checked. I have 1gb left. It says I've used 0.02 data - it's never worked for me since I joined public

I'm not an iOS user, but this is my go-to-information for problems with Apple products, courtesy of @CalgaryBen, one of our experts in this field: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118/highlight...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Question1984 wrote:

I activated about 2 months ago. It has never worked

You've been paying for service for two months and you're just now asking why it's not working?

Further to the above suggestion from GinYVR...do this while connected to wifi. (although I'm not 100% sure of the Apple world)

Edit: This is a quick checklist too.

Question1984

I checked. I have 1gb left. It says I've used 0.02 data - it's never worked for me since I joined public

Question1984

I was able to change the apn settings to the ones listed on the message board. No luck. I'll check on ios version, not sure but I think it's the most recent

Question1984

I activated about 2 months ago. It has never worked

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984What iOS version is your iPhone running? If it is 10 or up, you shouldn't need to change your APN settings. However if you haven't done anything to the phone since you had joined Public Mobile, you can go to Reset Network Settings under Settings -> General -> Reset. It will reset the communication components of the iOS and hopefully it will download the correct Public Mobile Carrier profile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984 wrote:

Cellular data is not working with my iphone 6. Phone and message is working fine. I searched the message board and tried changing apn settings, taking out sim card, resetting phone, etc. I think I may need a moderator to help with the issue.

Log into My Account and see if you have any data remaining on your plan...maybe you've used it all for this period. If you don't see any data mentioned...it's been consumed already. You can buy a $30 / 1 Gb data add-on. You can renew your plan early. ..but you'll lose whatever balance is current in your plan.

Let us know if this is the issue. Good luck.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Question1984 wrote:

Hi @Question1984 

Were you able to successfully change APN settings?

Who was your previous provider?
If you see any old provider APN settings, you may have to delete / remmove those.

Also do you have the latest iOS installed?

If all else fails, you can try a factory reset of your iPhone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Question1984 wrote:

Is this a new activation? Has it ever worked here?

Need Help? Let's chat.