cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Network connection not available and no incomming calls

petrerd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When ever i try to make a phone call I get the error meaage "Cellular Network connection not available" Anyone that calls me goes stright to voicemail. Everything was working until last week. my account in the web portal says that it is active. I went to The Source to have my settings checked and they told me that I had been canceled with no reason given

7 REPLIES 7

Did you recently replace your phone with a locked device?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@petrerd Make sure your phone isn't set to Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@petrerd wrote:

When ever i try to make a phone call I get the error meaage "Cellular Network connection not available" Anyone that calls me goes stright to voicemail. Everything was working until last week. my account in the web portal says that it is active. I went to The Source to have my settings checked and they told me that I had been canceled with no reason given

The Source is Bell!  They don't know anything about your Public Mobile account.  The guy made it up.

Cellulular network not available means no signal or network is refusing yhe connection.  Make sure 3g network os enabled and phone not set to 2g.  Also make sure phone is not on the blacklist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@petrerd wrote:

Did you buy a SIM and/or activate at The Source? I don't think they deal with Public Mobile so it would not be much of a surprise if they didn't help much.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@petrerd What is your plan? Login to your account; report whether it is Active, or Suspended, and what see under Plans && add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@petrerdIs your phone connected to the public mobile network, or does it say "No service" or "Emergency calls only"? Did you try restarting your phone / removing your sim card and putting it back in?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@petrerd wrote:

@petrerd

Give the lost/stolen trick a shot, it seems to fix almost every problem at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset you sim / account and may fix your issue.

Do you have another phone to test your sim card in? When you say "The Source" Do you mean "The Source by circuit city" ? If your account was truly cancelled, then people should not be able to reach your voicemail, btw most people who work at "the source" don't actually know anything.

Did you check the blast list? Enter your IMEI here https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.