cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Connection is Down.

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have 2 gigs of data and just cant seem to connect within the last 5 hours,is PM shut dow?

11 REPLIES 11

Heavyrocker

UPDATE:

All working now,it seems i had my data usage setting set to low,i have 1 gig left and i set it shut off at 30MB

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you underground or in an elevator? Or somehwere else that blocks communications?

Where are you located, are you in service range?

pchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1) Check if your settings are correct for your phone. This site has a lot of good information that covers a large number of phone bands. 

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/ 

2) Completely reboot your phone

3) If it doesn't work check if there isn't a os or firmware update.

4) Lastly if the above doesn't work reset all network settings. You will likely need to reconfigure the phone so make sure you know how to do it (use google).

Goodluck

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Heavyrocker, it certainly sounds like an issue with your phone. What model phone are you using (more details the better)? If you haven't resolved the issue by reseting your APN settings, let us know and we help you troubleshoot your particular phone model.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Apart from making sure the APN configuration is correct, check that mobile data is turned on.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As Ndesai mentioned, check that your APN settings are correct.  You can do that by following the instructions here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

@Heavyrocker wrote:

Did all that,i switched the sim card into my other phone and i have connection,something is wrong with my new phone settings or something

Make sure you have the correct APN settings. 

Heavyrocker

Did all that,i switched the sim card into my other phone and i have connection,something is wrong with my new phone settings or something

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Try rebooting the phone.  Maybe that will reestablish the data connection.

Heavyrocker

I checked,i have 1.5 gig remaining

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you get a text? Check in your self-serve account and see if you have used all up.

Need Help? Let's chat.