cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant return to PM using same email

toolman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know this will seem a little petty but I 

found out you cant leave PM then come back and sign up with the same email. 

It just seems a little ridiculous given that you can port the number out and back in to PM in the same month.

I know what some of you will say:

1 just setup a new email

2 why did you leave PM in the first place

I just think that once the account is inactive the email address should be allowed to be used again after a reasonable amount of time like 12 months.

6 REPLIES 6

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've tried this as well, unfortunately not with PM. When it wont let you return and set up a new account with the same email, I usually called customer service and they delete it from the system on their side, then input the original email again, as if you're making a new account. As there are no longer call centers here, maybe a mod on their end can get it set up again? 

Actually, the alias isn't a Google trick, it's actually part of the standard for email from WAY BACK WHEN it was first created.

The problem however, is that many webforms and databases are not configured to allow them to happen.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone stuck to standards?  HINT HINT HINT.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Even though accounts are "deactivated", they never disappear from the system.  I had a Koodo account from 2013 that was still in the system.  I only found out about it when I did the migration thing a couple of months ago.  I ran into some issues reusing an email.  Customer service was able to delete the old account so that I could reuse the email address.  I assume if it is absolutely necessary, the moderator team may have the powers to do the same.  Otherwise deactivated accounts sit quietly in the system forever. 

Gmail aliases/tricks apparently work with PM.

But Gmail aliases/tricks don't work on all sites - some won't accept them or won't recognize them as "separate" entities.  And google is always mucking around with google things, features come and features go ... while PM's websites (and Telus-imposed strategies/policies/directives) sometimes undergo sporadic changes ... so the gmail alias trick might work forever or it might just as easily be broken tomorrow.  So I avoid exploiting these features - I don't consider them stable in the long run and it's easy enough to preemptively circumvent all sorts of inconveniences which might occur if/when they eventually break down.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That is why i have a Gmail account. You can make multiple email aliases from a single account Smiley Wink

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@toolman Activate your SIM card with new email and after it’s done replace email with your original! Woman Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.