cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Get Internet Connection

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Stil having  issues,heres my problem:i have been using a moto g phone for years with no problems,i jts got a new Asus Zenphoneone 3 Max.T took my sim card are used in my new phone and it worked fine for week (internet and phone calls)and it just stopped connenting to the internent but i can still make phone calls,i returned the phone to Staples and they say the phone is ok,what do i do.I still have 1 gig of free data on my account,i dont understand this.

UPDATE::

I finally got it to work,all ok now,im not sure how ti solved the problem,but i think i had my data monthly usage setting set to low,any way ,thank you all for your help

5 REPLIES 5

joejoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite Hey awesome checklist! 

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Staples in store tech guy checked out the phone and even did a factory reset and still wont work.

DATA NOT WORKING CHECKLIST

- connects with wifi?

- cellular data turned on?

- confirm data is included in your plan

- go to settings, then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile delete it

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- data not used up?

- APN settings correct (APN setup)?

- delete current APN, and re-enter settings

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- remove any VPNs

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- is it all apps that use data or just the browser not connecting?

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Heavyrocker, Along with the APN, have you confirmed you haven't run out of data in your plan?  It should be fine, but maybe something has been draining your data?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Did you applyand update to your phone that could have possibly messed with your apn settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.