cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot top up

kdeluca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was suspended this morning and I have been trying for several hours to make my payment.  When I try it either says I have enough funds on my account which I don't or my credit card is declined which it shouldn't be.  I'm getting pretty frustrated as I need my phone for work.  I've tried a different browser, tried a different card.  Removed my old card added it back and still not working.  Someone please help

25 REPLIES 25

ohenrybar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

UPDATE: I was able to change the registered credit card and put in a one time payment using a DESKTOP browser. This did not work using a MOBILE browser. 

I still think it is an issue on Public Mobile's end as my card is not maxed or expired and is still working fine for other transactions.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdeluca wrote:

Sorry....the voucher worked! Thanks for the suggestion to buy online.  Had no idea I could 😊

Oh good. Yeah you pay a little more for the online convenience. Did you use 611 for it or did it work in the self-serve?

I guess recharge.com would be happy to hear that.Smiley Happy

I don't particularly like to mention them as they're now more expensive but the customer is happy so all good.

Just a thought until Autopay glitch is fixed...before renewal date, make sure the total of Available Funds and any Rewards is equal or greater than renewal cost. I put $$ in Available Funds ahead of time and so far no issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdeluca wrote:

Sorry....the voucher worked! Thanks for the suggestion to buy online.  Had no idea I could 😊

Oh good. Yeah you pay a little more for the online convenience. Did you use 611 for it or did it work in the self-serve?

I don't particularly like to mention them as they're now more expensive but the customer is happy so all good.

@ohenrybar wrote:

@geopublic autopay is 14th, plan expiration is 15th. I have used autopay for over a year and haven't had issues until now. My credit card is not expired and not maxed out.

I guess I will wait for moderator reply. I would do the online voucher thing but I would be paying an additional $7

@ohenrybar  I know, ....what rewards right?!!

Edit: When you login into your selfserve account on the landing page there is a Plan due date top/left and an AutoPay Due Date bottom/left of page. Both those dates should be identical if not ....it's a red flag no matter what anybody else says.

kdeluca

@ohenrybar wrote:

@geopublic autopay is 14th, plan expiration is 15th. I have used autopay for over a year and haven't had issues until now. My credit card is not expired and not maxed out.

I guess I will wait for moderator reply. I would do the online voucher thing but I would be paying an additional $7

Same! I have been with them almost a year and this is my first real issue

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdeluca wrote:

ohenrybar

@ohenrybar wrote:

@geopublic @ I've gone through the renewal suspension process before and it usually sorts itself out the following morning. But this time my renewal was supposed to be on the 14th and today (the 16th) my account is still suspended and the payment has not gone through

@ohenrybar  It's important to make sure that the renewal date and the AutoPay due date are in sync. If the AutoPay due date is after the plan due date and you don't have the necessary funds in your account to cover the renewal that will also create problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohenrybar 

Have you tried the voucher idea?

Boy this autopay thing has been a hassle for the last while.

You and kdeluca still need to get to the bottom of why the cc doesn't work. but at least you should be able to renew services with vouchers.

kdeluca

So fruatrating

@ohenrybar wrote:

Yeah I've gone through the renewal suspension process before and it usually sorts itself out the following morning. But this time my renewal was supposed to be on the 14th and today (the 16th) my account is still suspended and the payment has not gone through. 

So frustrating

ohenrybar

@geopublic @ I've gone through the renewal suspension process before and it usually sorts itself out the following morning. But this time my renewal was supposed to be on the 14th and today (the 16th) my account is still suspended and the payment has not gone through

kdeluca

The self serve online worked 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdeluca wrote:

kdeluca

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdeluca wrote:

Thank you! This worked! No idea why my card didn't but you saved the day! 

Great! What worked? Not knowing who you replied to makes it hard to know what worked.

kdeluca

Thank you! This worked! No idea why my card didn't but you saved the day! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kdeluca wrote:

My account was suspended this morning and I have been trying for several hours to make my payment.  When I try it either says I have enough funds on my account which I don't or my credit card is declined which it shouldn't be.  I'm getting pretty frustrated as I need my phone for work.  I've tried a different browser, tried a different card.  Removed my old card added it back and still not working.  Someone please help

@kdeluca If your plan was up for renewal please note the following. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that often result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

If you tried to make a payment during the renewal or if something went wrong with the renewal process like in your case, the system will not accept your payment and you will need to notify the moderator to resolve it. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

While you are waiting for moderator, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

@kdeluca wrote:

I have done everything suggested except the voucher.  I don't have a store near me that sells the vouchers.  I'm also a bit hesitant seeing as it's declined everything else I've tried

Try an on-line voucher from recharge.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdeluca wrote:

I have done everything suggested except the voucher.  I don't have a store near me that sells the vouchers.  I'm also a bit hesitant seeing as it's declined everything else I've tried

Lots of places sell vouchers. Not just the ones on the locations page. If a store sells gift cards and such and if they have that little pinpad terminal then they most likely can sell a voucher for here.

The other option is an online source but you pay a convenience fee that totals more than you would pay in a store. recharge.com is one. I think ding.com is another.

kdeluca

ohenrybar

I am having the same issue 😕

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@kdeluca wrote:

Since your account was suspended I would suggest contact moderator team :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kdeluca

I did that.  Several hours ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdeluca wrote:

Was last night your renewal? Are you on autopay?

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

You could try the 611 service if your credit card is registered. You could get a voucher from convenience stores and use self-serve or 611.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.

you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.