cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive verification codes

Inigowidjojo33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever I use my number to for apps they usually ask for a verification code sent to my number. Problem is that even though the app says they have sent the code, I will have no new messages pertaining to the verification code, making it so i can't log in and make an account with the app, be it uber eats or TD Canada

10 REPLIES 10

Jiangyuan

Reset your phone network setting 

Inigowidjojo33

Thanks man, it was definitely the 672 number that was causing the problem

@Inigowidjojo33 wrote:

Yea that's my area code. Does this mean i'm screwed because i've used that number for making other accounts?

Well, you COULD do as @derksen_13  said, and switch numbers, and then log into whatever other accounts you used that number for, and change the settings in those accounts, to use the new number..... I know, it could be a pain-in-the-derriere, but if that IS the problem(I have seen that mentioned here before), it's possibly a better choice than waiting 'til that area code is recognized more widely.

Inigowidjojo33

Yea that's my area code. Does this mean i'm screwed because i've used that number for making other accounts?

derksen_13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some newer area codes are not able to receive verification codes yet, such as 672 area code, if you are not attached to your phone number you could swith to a new number through the self serve account under my profile, change number.

redgam8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To identify the cause of the issue, please put your SIM into other phones and see if that works.

If it works on other phones, it's your phone issue.

If it's not working on other phones, it's your number and/or SIM and you should talk to moderator: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does SMS Text work? If so, are you using the required number format? Like +14161231234?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe you didnt give them right phone number?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Inigowidjojo33  And people sending texts to you works fine, i.e. you have given people and/or those apps the correct number?

Need Help? Let's chat.