cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls from Rogers users

Selfy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently signed up with Public Mobile and ported my number over from Mobilicity.

I received a text mesage from you saying my porting was successful.

My Mobilicity account is closed.

I can receive incoming calls from land lines, Bell and Telus mobile users.

However, I can not receive any calls from people on Rogers networks, such as Rogers, Fido, Mobilicity etc.

When they try to call me, immediately the call disconnects and the message "Call Failed" appears on the device (for iPhone users)

I can send and receive text messages between Rogers users and myself.

Can Public Mobile please take a look at this issue?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

CMUFF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently having a similar issue to what you had. I can not receive text messages from iphone users who are on Rogers. Also when Rogers tries to call me the call disconnects. I was wondering did you ever get your problem solved?

thanks

Selfy
@Mary_M can you revisit this issue?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @slaha @Selfy

I will be sending you a private message soon with more details ! We'll get this resolved for you.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

slaha

I was able to talk again with a manager at Mobilicty.

they say that they released the phone number and the port was successful.

They would not transfer me to technical support.

Public Mobile should step up and find out whats wrong.

Its impossible to solve issues of this complexity through the internet.

Selfy

I think there is some misunderstanding of the problem here.

The problem isn't with the user's device, it's with the Network.

My guess is that somehow the number porting was successful, but an important step didn't happen on the Rogers side and their network still thinks the number belongs to Mobilicity.

Issues like these are beyond the scope of the end user and I don't think they should be trying to troubleshoot things like this.  It's a conversation that Public Mobile/Telus network engineers should be having with Rogers.

@slaha I'm not very familiar with Android but found two other ideas after searching the web:

a) from Sprint: go to Settings, tap More, tap Cellular Networks, tap Carrier settings, tap Update profile, after update finishes tap OK

b) try your SIM in a different phone and another SIM in yours; this should confirm whether its your phone or PM settings

c) when all else has failed do a factory reset after creating a backup so you can recover contacts, photos, etc.

It's a conumdrum for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

slaha

nexus5x

i removed the apn settings

I reset the netwrok setting under  setting -> backup and reset -> netwrok settings reset

and rebooted.

I still cannot receive incoming calls from rogers network.

@slaha What is make/model of your phone? Don't think you found the Profiles.

slaha

I reset the netwrok settings (APN) It didnt seem to help

looks like im going to lose some friends....

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Sorry, I forgot to mention an extra step.

From your device, follow these steps (they may be slightly different on your phone's depending on the make and model)

1. Go to Settings > General > Profiles.
  2. Select the profile you wish to remove (anything besides PM)
  3. Select Remove.
  4. If asked, enter your device's security PIN number.

@slaha @Selfy

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Selfy and @slaha

Since both ports were complete, please follow @slaha's suggestion. 

-Can you reset your network settings from your device ?

I will also make some changes in the back end here.

Once you have reset the settings, please reboot your phones and give it another time.

Mary

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M (or @Shazia_K if Mary isn't in today), could you please give an update on this?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

slaha

yes....we are screwed

Selfy

Is there any update on this issue?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for confirming,

Can you please private message me your phone number ?

I'll look into it for you,

Mary

Selfy

I ported in at the end of last week.  Never noticed there was a problem until people have started telling me they can never get through to me!

Selfy

I'm in New Westminster, BC

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Your phone number has not yet been completely released by Rogers/Chatr. You will need a moderator's, @Shazia_K @Mary_M, assistance to track down the issue. Await their presence! Likely this afternoon.

Of course try rebooting your phone in case the port in does finish before you have a response.

Welcome partially aboard. Soon you will be able to put your whole self in. Robot LOL

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Selfy

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this. It does sound quite odd not to receive calls from any Rogers customers, therefor I would assume that it is not related to the port request ( but we can take a look into this either way)

What city are you currently in ? We'll look into any possible outages in the area.

Mary

Need Help? Let's chat.