cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make phone calls!

deewang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont know what is going on but i cannot send or receive text msgs or make/receive phone calls.

When i try it says no wireless coverage!

Not sure why it is doing this. It only started happening a few days ago.

4 REPLIES 4

Try rebooting your phone; toggle airplane mode off/on.

Login to your self serve account and confirm Status is Active.

Also, be sure you have wifi OFF so that you are really testing cellular data.

Anyway, I think you need the moderators to review your account. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue along with your phone number and 4 digit PIN. If you’ve forgotten the PIN, provide any 3 of the following in your message: complete mailing address, email address, alternate phone number,  last top up date & amount

Moderator hours are: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). Usually they answer within in a few hours, but can take 24.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

deewang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Yes--had the account for a really long time and just acted up. Yeah it shows as i have a sim card....data is working completely fine. At first i thought it was because bill payment was not going through but since my data works, i dont think thats the case.

Not sure what it could be..

Thanks!

stevester911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: Post removed as someone else is already helping.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@deewang, just want to confirm a few things here.  So, this account was activated some time ago and was working properly?  Then it started to act up by way of no wireless coverage which I interpret as no connection to the network?  Does the phone show that there is a SIM card?  If not, try shutting off the phone, re-inserting the SIM card and starting phone up again.  Another issue that comes to mind is perhaps the account is suspended due to non payment.  Login to the self serve and make sure the account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.