cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot make or receive calls, getting "talk not included in your plan" message even though it is.

Hi all, I activated my daughters old Iphone SE for my sister in law with a $15 plan back on Sept. 6, 2019 and was able to make and recieve calls on that date. On the 7th when I tried to give it to her I noticed that the call feature wasn't working. I'm able to send and recieve texts but not calls. While troubleshooting the issue I could sporatically recieve calls but not make any.

The phone number on the Iphone was previously ported to my daughters new phone long ago so while stting up the new sim card I selected a new number. The registration of the new sim card went without any hitches and when I tested the phone afterwards all seemed well. I should mention the phone passed the "check compatibility" test in the registration process as well.

I've since tried removing the sim card, rebooting the phone and reinstalling the card and using the "lost phone" trick mentioned in other posts to no avail. Any tips that I might not have tried yet? Thanks.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Cannot make or receive calls, getting "talk not included in your plan" message even th

Can you take a screen shot of your self serve page with sedative information blacked out?

Is it possible that you are out of minutes?

If the minutes are still there you should contact moderators through Simon by clicking on the question simbol

Do you have data included (if you have autopay) if yes in a meantime you can use textNow until you resolve it, don't forget to restrict background data for it as you only have 250 megs

Mayor / Maire

Re: Cannot make or receive calls, getting "talk not included in your plan" message even th

@walleyec2004 

Maybe try the PM Sim card in another phone.  To determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service issue.  Is the iphone locked to previous carrier?

A few other things to try:

Network reset

Toggle airplane mode on/wait a few minutes/toggle off

Manually load $1 into account

Connect to itunes, with new SIM

image1 (1).jpeg

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you checked the account to see if the minutes are used up? It may seem unlikely but all outgoing calls are rounded up to the minute and are charged accordingly....whether they reach a voicemail, are answered or just dialed. So the simple act of dialing a number counts as a minute. I had never heard of this before but read it in a thread the other day. So testing the phone could have already used up the plan allotment in outgoing calls. Good to add the 500min for $5 add on and be aware of pm's policy of how they "charge" outgoing minutes. Btw it is in the terms of service.

Have you checked the "check my usage" box to the left ..?. For individual calls. You already said you have called out on the 6th you should not be at 0/100.  And you are receiving calls. Texts are ok too.

Mayor / Maire

@walleyec2004  According to your screenshot is shows none of you minutes have been used up so how were you able to test calling the first day? Are you using the correct sim card in that phone? Is you phone setup to connect to the network via LTE only?

image1 (2).jpegJust to clarify, I only made 1 call out and 1 call in on the 6th.  Both calls were disconnected before being answered to save the minutes. On the 6th i was only able to receive calls sporadically. 1 call out of 20 or so and no outgoing calls were able to be sent.

Mayor / Maire

@walleyec2004  Public uses  3G for calls so make sure that 3G is enabled on your phone.

At this point it's beyond my knowledge but doing a search in getting started or plans and add ons with key words while you wait for a response from a moderator could give you a solution.