cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls, getting "talk not included in your plan" message even though it is.

walleyec2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I activated my daughters old Iphone SE for my sister in law with a $15 plan back on Sept. 6, 2019 and was able to make and recieve calls on that date. On the 7th when I tried to give it to her I noticed that the call feature wasn't working. I'm able to send and recieve texts but not calls. While troubleshooting the issue I could sporatically recieve calls but not make any.

The phone number on the Iphone was previously ported to my daughters new phone long ago so while stting up the new sim card I selected a new number. The registration of the new sim card went without any hitches and when I tested the phone afterwards all seemed well. I should mention the phone passed the "check compatibility" test in the registration process as well.

I've since tried removing the sim card, rebooting the phone and reinstalling the card and using the "lost phone" trick mentioned in other posts to no avail. Any tips that I might not have tried yet? Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30

@Steffyj wrote:

_ I just got the $50 plan like 2 days ago and have been able to make or receive a call yet

@Steffyj  You would be better off posting your issue with your own thread. Go to the top of page where it says "ask a question". THen give a little info too...did you port in your number, from what provider? Model of phone? Do you have data? Texting? Get the welcome text w/ pin? Email? Can you access your acct?

Steffyj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

_ I just got the $50 plan like 2 days ago and have been able to make or receive a call yet

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would also ask for a $10 credit to your account since you went and bought another sim card as you were trying to troubleshoot the problem. 

@walleyec2004  Pleased you finally have a resolution. Very poor response of 3 days, but it seems to be a new norm even with a service disruption. Robot Frustrated

You may find a useful, albeit belated, strategy here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827 

I've not needed any backup plan in 4 years but remain prepared. Robot wink

Don't forget to hand out your referral code to anyone willing to run the gauntlet to activate on PM. Rewards are the best thing at PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

walleyec2004

Success!

"Hi walleyec2004,    Thanks for reaching out to us.    I have been able to take a look into your account, it seems there was a delay in connecting the plan to the network requirements.    Don't worry! I have re-provisioned the plan.    Please power your cell phone off for around 30 seconds and back on. Test the service and let me know how it goes.   Best regards,  Carlos. "

\this did the trick. Hope it helps with everyone else having the same issue.

walleyec2004

Thanks for the tip geopublic

@geopublic wrote:

@walleyec2004 wrote:

A quick follow up...

Since I wasn't able to make or recieve callls when I tried the PM sim card in my phone I went out and bought a replacement card. I got home and registered the new card, installed it in my sister in laws phone and AGAIN cant make or recieve calls. I tried the new card in my phone and had the same issue. My sim card (Koodo) works in both phones so I know its not a hardware issue.

Over $50 spent so far and not a single call completed yet. Very frustrating and disappointing. Starting to regret going with this company. Tried to do a good deed for my sister in law who has limited funds and this happens.

Any possibility that my account isn't registered correctly? Don't know where else to look.

@walleyec2004  From what you describe it sounds like your account has not been provisioned properly. No point in wasting funds by replacing sim cards. Hopefully you opened up a ticket with the Moderator Team. They should be able to reset your account from their end and fix the problem. You should also ask them to change your renewal date to reflect the loss of service as a result of your account not being provisioned preoperly.

If you haven't submited a ticket:

psf.JPG

I submitted a ticket last saturday with no response so far and submitted another today. It seems i'm in a black hole with PM services. lol

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456  Thanks,  I was thinking the name was familiar, yep I think I remember asking that question yesterday (along with other users) and the reply. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Ashley123 wrote:

Ive tried everything 

Rebooting phone

Try sim in a different phone

Factory resetting phone

Trying the lost and found trick

Manually selecting network

Nothing seem to work 😕

You sure seem to have done it all!

How about manually adding one or two dollars to your account and rebooting?

Think that's out of the question according to her post yesterday.

Screenshot_20190909_220714.jpg

@Ashley123 wrote:

Ive tried everything 

Rebooting phone

Factory resetting phone

Nothing seem to work 😕

You sure seem to have done it all!

How about manually adding one or two dollars to your account and rebooting?

Ashley123

Ive tried everything 

Rebooting phone

Factory resetting phone

Nothing seem to work 😕

I'm sorry to hear you are somewhere stuck in the queue. Hang in there...you might need something stronger to wait this out. I make a mean martini.

@Ashley123 wrote:

I did both probably 6 messages in total sent

@Ashley123   I'm assuming you've already tried all the workarounds?

I agree not getting a timely response from the moderators is quite frustrating especially if you're without service.

Ashley123

I did both probably 6 messages in total sent

@Ashley123 wrote:

I am having the same issue activated phone on sept 6 and hasnt been working still at first it said i didnt have a long distance add on now it says i dont have talk or text and i paid for 2 months and have the 15.00 talk and text plan this is very frustrating as i bought for my daughter to keep in contact while at school im extremely disappointed with this company as ive messaged for help since Friday with no response 

Did you submit a ticket via Simon or just a private message to the moderators? You should resubmit via the system you did not use.

Ashley123

I am having the same issue activated phone on sept 6 and hasnt been working still at first it said i didnt have a long distance add on now it says i dont have talk or text and i paid for 2 months and have the 15.00 talk and text plan this is very frustrating as i bought for my daughter to keep in contact while at school im extremely disappointed with this company as ive messaged for help since Friday with no response 

rz2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the similar issue in the past two days and send private message to the Moderator. I got message back after 24 hours and the moderator refresh my plan from his/her back system side. Everything is working now. I suggest you contact with the moderator.

I can only imagine this is completely frustrating for you. . Going back through your posts...have you submitted a ticket to the moderators? If so.....despite all the extra service issues this weekend and going by my own experience they should get in contact soon. I waited about 24 hours for a response. But you should send them an update regarding the other methods you've employed to try and resolve your problem along with detailing the purchase of a new SIM card. Most important is resolving the service issue but being prepared to ask for an additional credit to the account so you can get both resolved at the same time. Make sure you include the original tickets reference number in your follow up messages. Try and keep the faith.

@walleyec2004 wrote:

A quick follow up...

Since I wasn't able to make or recieve callls when I tried the PM sim card in my phone I went out and bought a replacement card. I got home and registered the new card, installed it in my sister in laws phone and AGAIN cant make or recieve calls. I tried the new card in my phone and had the same issue. My sim card (Koodo) works in both phones so I know its not a hardware issue.

Over $50 spent so far and not a single call completed yet. Very frustrating and disappointing. Starting to regret going with this company. Tried to do a good deed for my sister in law who has limited funds and this happens.

Any possibility that my account isn't registered correctly? Don't know where else to look.

@walleyec2004  From what you describe it sounds like your account has not been provisioned properly. No point in wasting funds by replacing sim cards. Hopefully you opened up a ticket with the Moderator Team. They should be able to reset your account from their end and fix the problem. You should also ask them to change your renewal date to reflect the loss of service as a result of your account not being provisioned preoperly.

If you haven't submited a ticket:

psf.JPG

walleyec2004

A quick follow up...

walleyec2004

I just swapped the sim card into my phone and experienced the same issue.  No incoming or outgoing calls.

Is it possible that the issue is with the sim card and if so is there a charge to replace it?

@walleyec2004I would suggest you swap the SIM card with another known working phone to narrow down whether it is a Public Mobile issue or an equipment issue... it can be either way with things you had described so far.

At this point it's beyond my knowledge but doing a search in getting started or plans and add ons with key words while you wait for a response from a moderator could give you a solution.

@walleyec2004  Public uses  3G for calls so make sure that 3G is enabled on your phone.

walleyec2004

image1 (2).jpegJust to clarify, I only made 1 call out and 1 call in on the 6th.  Both calls were disconnected before being answered to save the minutes. On the 6th i was only able to receive calls sporadically. 1 call out of 20 or so and no outgoing calls were able to be sent.

@walleyec2004  According to your screenshot is shows none of you minutes have been used up so how were you able to test calling the first day? Are you using the correct sim card in that phone? Is you phone setup to connect to the network via LTE only?

Have you checked the "check my usage" box to the left ..?. For individual calls. You already said you have called out on the 6th you should not be at 0/100.  And you are receiving calls. Texts are ok too.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked the account to see if the minutes are used up? It may seem unlikely but all outgoing calls are rounded up to the minute and are charged accordingly....whether they reach a voicemail, are answered or just dialed. So the simple act of dialing a number counts as a minute. I had never heard of this before but read it in a thread the other day. So testing the phone could have already used up the plan allotment in outgoing calls. Good to add the 500min for $5 add on and be aware of pm's policy of how they "charge" outgoing minutes. Btw it is in the terms of service.

walleyec2004

image1 (1).jpeg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@walleyec2004 

Maybe try the PM Sim card in another phone.  To determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service issue.  Is the iphone locked to previous carrier?

A few other things to try:

Network reset

Toggle airplane mode on/wait a few minutes/toggle off

Manually load $1 into account

Connect to itunes, with new SIM

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you take a screen shot of your self serve page with sedative information blacked out?

Is it possible that you are out of minutes?

If the minutes are still there you should contact moderators through Simon by clicking on the question simbol

Do you have data included (if you have autopay) if yes in a meantime you can use textNow until you resolve it, don't forget to restrict background data for it as you only have 250 megs

Need Help? Let's chat.