cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Cannot Send Text Messages

@dennisfedak, MMS issues are due to APN settings not being set on the phone.  Please check and set the APN according to this link.  Do you have any problems with the calling function?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.  Great site with proper APN settings.  I reentered. Data is working fine.  However the issue of being unable to send sms persists.

I believe you are correct in your diagnosis.   What can I do to have them complete the port?

Mayor / Maire

@dennisfedak wrote:

I believe you are correct in your diagnosis.   What can I do to have them complete the port?

You have already messaged the moderator team, you will just have to wait for them now. Should be within 48 hours.

Thank you I believe this is the issue as I do not have any problems making or receiving calls or receiving sms.  Only sending sms and there is no sms capability whatsoever at present.  I will wait for a reply from the moderator team.

There may be a hour or two of delays after activation of your plan and number, I’ve had this issue also and has fixed itself with time do not worry it’s temporary. If the problem persists check to see if you have coverage in your location and if so then you should contact support!

MJN

did you trying making or receiving phone call? you can also try restarting your phone if you only have data but no call signel. That is what happen to my phone yesterday. After restart my phone everything work fine again.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can receive a text but not send.  I called the individual with no issue but cannot send a text.  He sent one to me and it came through fine.  I am new to texting so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Moved:

Message moved to new thread as original was marked as solved for the original poster.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do have the same issue. It is not only you