cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send Text Messages

dennisfedak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to public mobile and have a problem with sending SMS messages.  I have emailed the moderators and have received no reply.  I have no issue receiving them.  just sending them.  Please helo!!!!

Thank You

24 REPLIES 24

@Dandes wrote:

Can’t get 8.5gb of internet for 50$ anywhere else then PublicMobile!

There is, but I'm not going to get into that.  I personally have the same plan as you.

Dandes

Yes the Issue has been fixed. For everyone else, contact the moderator team and they will gladly help you. Since then, I never had an issue, I’m getting better cell service in my area now ever since I’ve switched. I’m overall pleased with the low prices and awesome features PublicMobile offers! Can’t get 8.5gb of internet for 50$ anywhere else then PublicMobile!

@Arman wrote:

I do have the same issue. It is not only you

This thread is about 7.5 months old, so any issue that this person had has long been fixed. 

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have this plan for more than 2 weeks

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I do have the same issue. It is not only you

Moved:

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Message moved to new thread as original was marked as solved for the original poster.

Ronald47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can receive a text but not send.  I called the individual with no issue but cannot send a text.  He sent one to me and it came through fine.  I am new to texting so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

MJN

did you trying making or receiving phone call? you can also try restarting your phone if you only have data but no call signel. That is what happen to my phone yesterday. After restart my phone everything work fine again.

Dandes

There may be a hour or two of delays after activation of your plan and number, I’ve had this issue also and has fixed itself with time do not worry it’s temporary. If the problem persists check to see if you have coverage in your location and if so then you should contact support!

dennisfedak

Thank you I believe this is the issue as I do not have any problems making or receiving calls or receiving sms.  Only sending sms and there is no sms capability whatsoever at present.  I will wait for a reply from the moderator team.

@dennisfedak wrote:

I believe you are correct in your diagnosis.   What can I do to have them complete the port?

You have already messaged the moderator team, you will just have to wait for them now. Should be within 48 hours.

dennisfedak

I believe you are correct in your diagnosis.   What can I do to have them complete the port?

dennisfedak

Thank you.  Great site with proper APN settings.  I reentered. Data is working fine.  However the issue of being unable to send sms persists.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dennisfedak, MMS issues are due to APN settings not being set on the phone.  Please check and set the APN according to this link.  Do you have any problems with the calling function?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

@dennisfedak wrote:

Yesterday I ported in a number.

You have already messaged the mods so they will be able to check into the port to see if there is an issue.

Locally you can continue to try to restart your phone

You can also try to configure your APN settings

There could also be SMSC set incorrectly.  I wish I had the SMSCentre number off the top of my head, but I don't.  Perhaps someone else knows it?

Does *#*#4636#*#* work on your phone?  If it does, it brings you to a Android hidden menu where you can manually change the SMSC.

dennisfedak

Yes that makes sense as I just signed up.

@dennisfedak wrote:

I cannot receive MMS or send MMS either

Is your data working?  If you do not have data in your plan you still need to make sure cellular data is turned on to send and receive MMS messages.  If you have data and are still having issues with MMS you probably need to update your APN settings.  Here is a great site for that http://apn-canada.gishan.net/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dennisfedak

Yesterday I ported in a number.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dennisfedak wrote:

You may have a partially completed port. When did you sign up?

dennisfedak

I can only receive sms   Cannot send or receive mms

@dennisfedak wrote:

When did you port in?

Have you tried pulling out your battery and restarting the phone? New customers often have problems for some time after porting.

dennisfedak

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dennisfedak wrote:

I am new to public mobile and have a problem with sending SMS messages.  I have emailed the moderators and have received no reply.  I have no issue receiving them.  just sending them.  Please helo!!!!

Thank You

Are sure its only SMS and not imesssage/MMS?

Need Help? Let's chat.