cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my account

barbaraberridge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

My account number is ************, and I am looking to cancel my account including automatic withdrawl effective immediately

Barbara Berridge

6 REPLIES 6

@barbaraberridge

I'm guessing that if you're leaving PM then you're also a new customer for some other carrier.  And you may wish to keep your existing phone number.

If so, then it is best to get your new carrier to do your Mobile Number Port.  PM doesn't need to be involved (or even informed), but the MNP will be much less problematic (and quicker) if the phone number is still active on your old carrier (PM) at the time your new carrier processes the MNP request.  A botched MNP can result in losing the phone number forever.  I'd advise allowing for (paying for) a little overlap between your old/new services, maybe a few days or even a week, just to ensure that there's basically no risk of losing your phone number if there's any problems or delays.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@barbaraberridge, make sure you remove the credit card itself. If no credit card on your account, they can't charge you. A safeguard I guess. Or maybe am just take precautions! 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo: Thanks for pointing that out. Updated my answer 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cheetah24 mods can't really do anything. The account just needs to cycle through to become expired. And that's it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@barbaraberridge just remove autopayment.  Your account will be active till your end date. Then 90 days after it will be closed for good, and your number will be gone (ability to be reassigned to someone else in the future).

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi there, 

Sad to see you go. But for this you'll need to contact the moderators through a private message. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Hope this helps. 🙂

UPDATE: Please see the below answer; my anser isn't accurate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.