cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Porting Request?

Gab07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey!

So about 2-3 days ago I ported my number to Public Mobile. Everything seemed to run smoothly and I could text. The same day I took my phone to Freedom Mobile to get a new plan that I believe was better.

I went to port my number back but it has not come back to my Freedom Mobile SIM. They told me to contact Public Mobile customer support to see where my number is in your database etc. I don’t believe it’s transferred yet and I would need to cancel the transfer request. Anyone know how I can go about cancelling that request? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@Gab07 wrote:

I did receive this text. I’m not sure if that means the number was ported successfully.

92079371-DD74-4643-8B61-AECB65B1DD9A.png

From the above text, It looks like that your port to Freedom mobile is being processed.  Should take usually within a few hours to complete.  You can continue to use your PM SIM card and once it does not work, your Freedom mobile account should be working. The transfer is then complete.   

There is no "live" interaction with public mobile.  Private messaging system unfortunately takes time.  If the port is stuck, you will need to wait for moderator response.  

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gab07 

Yes if you clicked the link in the message bot, it was a link to contact a moderator. I will post the link here again as well.  Please note it takes aproximately 48 hours to get a reply but it seems by that automated message that your request was received and is in process with Freedom Mobile. 

To contact a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sorry that you are leaving public mobile. It's a great company.  

Gab07

I did receive this text. I’m not sure if that means the number was ported successfully.

92079371-DD74-4643-8B61-AECB65B1DD9A.png

Gab07

I have contacted Moderators_Team. Is this still an active way of contacting the mods? Thanks. 

Gab07

7BA04A4D-915A-48A4-8EB1-2C74389E6E3A.png

I’m not sure but I did receive this text. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Gab07 , phone number transfer from freedom takes about 30 minutes.  If your old freedom account is still active, the transfer failed and so your number is still with freedom.  If the number transfer completed, them you simply have freedom transfer the number back.  Number transfer is a pull process.  The action happens at the new carrier end.  

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gab07  Are you sure that the port was completed successfully with Public Mobile? When you activate a sim and put in the port request, you can call and text right away from your phone, but can not receive calls and texts to the phone number from the company you switched from (that sim will still work with the number until the port is done) because it takes time for them to release the number to public mobile. If it's a cellular company, most happen within a few hours, other companies take longer. If it's a port from a voip or landline, it takes much longer, up to 7 days.

Did you receive a text from public mobile that the port was successfully done? If not, then it is possible that you could lose your number because your account needs to be active and in service (with your first company) for it to be ported to another company.  You may be trying to switch companies and port number two times in a few days, and that could cause problems with you porting your number successfully. If you paid for one month with public mobile, why would you leave them after a few days instead of waiting until the end of the month to switch back to Freedom?

You would need to contact a moderator for further assistance. Best of luck. Here is the link to contact a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Gab07You would need to contact the Moderators via this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.