cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling PM Service and reactivation inquiry

termimaytor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! 

I wasn't sure where to post so I hope this is the correct thread! 

I have a couple questions... 

1) Can I cancel my PM service under my account settings? 

2) If I do cancel, will my SIM card still be valid to be reactivated at a later time? 

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @termimaytor 

You probably should suspend your account instead.

You can suspend up to 90 days you have to buy another cycle of service then you can suspend again for up to 90 days. If you would like to make it even cheaper you can downgrade to cheapest plan. Apparently you could do that for years if you're away long term. There are no guarantees that your plan will be available once you want to come back to full service. But they will probably have something similar that could suit your needs.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@termimaytor wrote:

Hello! 

@termimaytor  Yes, you just have to remove the credit card on file and disable AutoPay. Your plan will then go into suspension for 90 days starting from your next renewal date.

2) If I do cancel, will my SIM card still be valid to be reactivated at a later time?

Yes, as long as it's done within the 90 days period. Just access your selfserve account and make payment to re-activate your account.

Note: Once the 90 day period has elapsed then your account will close and you will not be able to reactivate your sim card. 

Thank you! 

@termimaytor 

Since PM is prepaid, you can "cancel" by simply not paying for your renewal. Your service will stop working.

At that point, you will have up to 90 days to make payment to reactivate service.

Failing to make payment, your account will close and your SIM card destined for landfill.

sleepingbeauty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To add to z10user4, you can remove your credit/debit card in your Payment settings and I believe that is how you will "stop paying"

termimaytor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see, thanks for the info! 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@termimaytor wrote:

Hello! 

Thank you! 

1. No.

2. No.

The terms and conditions suggest that you can contact the moderators to cancel your service. But you don't really need since this is a pre-paid service. When you stop paying then your account goes into suspension. Then after 90 days it deactivates. Once that happens then the SIM is done. But you can re-up during those 90 days using the same SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.