cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled -- about coming back ??? and my old sim

jamesgboutilier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I just had to cancel my service.

I enjoy the service, just my situation changed to no cell for now.

Question though, fingers crossed I'll be able to go back to cell at a later date... WILL MY SIM CARD STILL BE GOOD ?

It would be the same phone, same sim and I'd get the same service.

Will I be able to just sign up for a new account again and use the old sim? (I'm assuming I'll need a new number of course).

Thanks, and thank you Public Mobile for great service.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jamesgboutilier,

Hope you hang around a little bit longer. 🙂

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Put your autopay feature off, Don't do anything. Comeback before 90 days (better to be back before 85th day) for your number preservation or you'll lose the number. 

When you are ready to resume the service, pay the plan amount and maybe get a Mod to look into reactivating it if it doesn't do it by itself. 

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jamesgboutilier wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, I'm hoping it will be back to normal before 90 days.

Fingers crossed.

I think you can also pay for a cheaper plan right before the 90 days and will buy you some more time, if you do not want to lose your phone number and spend another $10 to buy a new SIM card.

@jamesgboutilier wrote:

Thanks!

Fingers crossed.

@jamesgboutilier, so as stated you just need to let your current plan expire (remember to remove autopay if you have that setup) and you have 90 days before your phone number and plan are lost and your account is closed making your SIM deacitvated

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jamesgboutilier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

Fingers crossed.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jamesgboutilier  when you said cancel what do you mean?  if you simply did not pay, you have 90 days to add funds and reactivate your account.

if over 90 day then you need a new sim, new account etc as mentioned above.

if under 90 days since your renewal date try logging into your selfserve account and see what you have.  if you want to change your plan then you need mod help. if you like the plan then you just need to add funds and your old sim card will work fine.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jamesgboutilier,

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your cell phone service.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to use your old SIM card and will have to purchase a new one if you were to activate service again with Public Mobile. All SIM cards (not just with Public Mobile) are one time use only.

Need Help? Let's chat.