cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of plan

bally
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I’m just wondering how I can cancel my plan for public. Also I just paid for my 3 month plan last month and I’m just wondering if I am able to get a refund.

thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

And the only other bit of advice that hasn’t been mentioned, *if* you wish to use your service until the end of your 90 day plan, AND want to port out your number, do it before day 90, otherwise you will not be able to port out, as your account will not be active, without paying again.

VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE. THANKS

And the only other bit of advice that hasn’t been mentioned, *if* you wish to use your service until the end of your 90 day plan, AND want to port out your number, do it before day 90, otherwise you will not be able to port out, as your account will not be active, without paying again.

Other than porting out to anohter provider, there is no way to immeidately cancel a plan.  The plan keeps going until it the duration of time gets used up (or you port out to another carrier).  If you port out to another carrier, you will not receive a refund, so since a plan renewal has already been paid, you might as keep using the service.

If you stop paying/adding funds to your Public Mobile account, your service will automatically stop working when the next billing cycle's fees are due.  Just make sure that you turn off Autopay if you have that enabled and remove any credit card you have linked to your Public Mobile account.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am is correct. Also, if you port out your number that will cancel the account too. Maybe you could get someone to take it over for you if you know anyone if you don't mind losing your number and maybe they could pay you for the amount of service left on the plan. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bally, there are no refunds provided for this prepaid service.  With respect to closing your account, all you need to do is remove any credit cards you have on file and let the account go into suspension and 90 days later, the account will deactivate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.