cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my plan

danielledang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I want to cancel my plan. This is for my son, I paid several months, but he never used it. I "talked" with Simon and was suggested to remove the autopay. But then I will have a bill unpaid? I just wait it to be expired? Will this have a bad effect in the future? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

danielledang

Thank you! The answer is very professional. 

danielledang

Thank you, now I understand. When it's autopay, we pre-pay the service of next period. So if I remove the autopay now, actual period is alreay paid. So my credit rating will not affected. Thank you again

@LovesToPM  @totalUser  I apologize if I offended that was not the intention. I clued in a little to late...then duh!....then oops!  But it was all with a little humour.....

Not everyone knows the $10 account (if this is the case) is no longer offered it was just a heads up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think totalUser was autocorrected from don't to dummy. I hardly think he would say something like that intentionally.

@darlicious wrote:

@danielledang   Lol! I don't think the dummy remark is directed at you! Rather @LovesToPM . If the account is a $10 account consider an older relative or friend who might need a cheap low use account and gift it to them and change the email and account holder info. The $10 plan is no longer offered.

@darlicious That's a rather rude remark.

Also I'm sure the OP knows that the account can be used by another family member or close friend.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@danielledang wrote:

Hi, I want to cancel my plan. This is for my son, I paid several months, but he never used it. I "talked" with Simon and was suggested to remove the autopay.

@danielledang  Yes, just go into your son's online selfserve account remove the credit card and disable AutoPay.

But then I will have a bill unpaid? No, when the next plan renewal occurs assuming you don't have any funds in your account the renewal will not occur.

I just wait it to be expired? Yes.

Will this have a bad effect in the future? No, the account will remain dormant for 90 days. If during that time you decide to reactivate the account you can do so by simply accessing the account and enabling AutoPay. Once the account is not renewed for 90 days or more the account will close the phone number will be released and you will have to sign-up as a new customer.

Thanks

@danielledang   Lol! I don't think the dummy remark is directed at you! Rather @LovesToPM . If the account is a $10 account consider an older relative or friend who might need a cheap low use account and gift it to them and change the email and account holder info. The $10 plan is no longer offered.

@LovesToPM  I didnt even consider autocorrect!

@totalUser wrote:

Dummy forget to remove credit card info, just in case, mistakes do happen

Don't we just hate when autocorrect does that? Smiley Happy

Btw I already mentioned "remove the credit card from the account." in my previous reply.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Dont forget to remove credit card info, just in case, mistakes do happen

Ps. I'm really sorry about autocorrect it was supposed to be don't. This one is really embarrassing:(

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@danielledang wrote:

Hi, I want to cancel my plan. This is for my son, I paid several months, but he never used it. I "talked" with Simon and was suggested to remove the autopay. But then I will have a bill unpaid? I just wait it to be expired? Will this have a bad effect in the future? Thanks

SIMon is correct. Logon your son's self-serve account. Disable AutoPay and remove the credit card from the account.

At the next renewal, if you do not have sufficent amount already in available funds, the account will be suspended. After 90 days of suspension, the account will be closed automatically. As PM is prepaid, you will not be billed. This will in no way affect your credit rating.

Need Help? Let's chat.