cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel an account?

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Public Mobile line that is on 6GB/plan that I no longer need. This line was opened for a  visitor to Canada and is no longer needed.

The line is not on autopay. Should I just let it expire and account would get canceled automatically 3 months after being suspended? Is there a way is self-serve for me to cancel it.

11 REPLIES 11

@Leolude wrote:

Hi there, I am requesting cancellation of my Public Mobile and my authorize payment account as well. My account number is 1000000xxxxxxxx and the phone number is 905xxxxxxx. Sorry I lost my SIM card So I can not use my phone.

thank you!

@Leolude, even if you lost the SIM card, the account is still usable.  You simply need to get a new SIM card and update it into the account records.  This can be done using the self serve portal.  If you truly do want to cancel the account, simply remove the credit card on file and let the account disappear 90 days after going into suspension.  This is a prepaid service, this is the process for cancelling accounts which is very different for post paid.  I have redacted your personal information. 

TWoolman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would delete your post ASAP. Not a good idea to give acount info for everyone to see. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leolude wrote:

Hi there, I am requesting cancellation of my Public Mobile and my authorize payment account as well. My account number is xxxxxxxxxxx and the phone number is xxxxxx. Sorry I lost my SIM card So I can not use my phone.

thank you!

You brought back an old thread.

Site policy requires that no personal information be shown on these public forums.

Others might be able to help you better than I with your options.

Leolude
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I am requesting cancellation of my Public Mobile and my authorize payment account as well. My account number is 1000000xxxxxxxx and the phone number is 905xxxxxxx. Sorry I lost my SIM card So I can not use my phone.

thank you!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @carlos1

I took a look at your account and I can see it automatically deactivated when you ported out your number on January 28. Also, please refrain from posting private info such as your phone number in the public forum. 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message 😉 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

carlos1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once again I'm requesting cancellation of my Public Mobile and my authorize payment account. My account number is 10000000xxxxx. And my cell number is 647 xxxxxxx

@fch Even if autopay is off delete any credit card asiciated with the account. Have fun with the extra data! 

If you decide to give away/sell the SIM you may want to delete all personal data as well. Remember whoever takes over the SIM needs account access as well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Balanceman
Another sim remote online***

Balanceman
Yes the demand for this plan is still high. And one can easily port their number over. Don't see why you can't sell it to recover something. Just make sure you ask the mods to transfer responsibility before passing on the account. Plans can be transferred onto another remotely online through self-serve.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you will need to contact mods for this but I don't believe they are going to refund you any amount...so I would suggest you keep using it till it is valid ...and let it expire.

also you can transfrer this account to someone who want this plan and get your money back.  I am sure many poeple want to have this promo.

But keep in mind.. mods are so busy and will not refund you any amount as per their policy.

Thank you!

Just let it expire.  There's no need to manually cancel it.

Need Help? Let's chat.