Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Add Ons

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The site says. 

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes $8

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes $5

So with Canada Wide add on and base minutes in your plan, what would you need Canada Long Distance minutes for? If you run your plan out of minutes and “200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes” suites you better? To me since they all carry over would make more sense to buy both?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Uh? Don't Canada Add-Ons only work in Canada??

And if I am in Canada with Canada Wide minutes.....do I have to turn on Roaming?

The post you reference is correct. Just needs to be read a couple times. No, roaming is not needed while in Canada. Some theorize to actually leave it on all the time seeing as how there are no extrra charges here.

88cranston

Uh? Don't Canada Add-Ons only work in Canada??

And if I am in Canada with Canada Wide minutes.....do I have to turn on Roaming?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

The site says. 

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes $8

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes $5

So with Canada Wide add on and base minutes in your plan, what would you need Canada Long Distance minutes for? If you run your plan out of minutes and “200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes” suites you better? To me since they all carry over would make more sense to buy both?

I'm on the $10 plan. Sometimes I go over the 50. I had already had the 200 minute add-on which came in fine when I ran out of the 50. Then the 500 minute add-on arrived. I bought one of them. Another time I ran out of the 50 again and was calling a Canadian number. It took from the 200. Hey wait a minute. I brought this to the attention of the company and they did something. I ran out of the 50 again another time and was calling Canada and it properly took from the 500.

I've had the same originally bought 200 for a year a now. Others have add-ons hanging around for a few years.

I about never call elsewhere other than the rare US so I've never experienced the 400.

You could always disable Roaming on your phone settings when in Canada and enable it when in USA.

This would force Canada minutes to be used when in Canada, and of course they wouldn't (can't) be used when outside Canada.

Not sure if this is even necessary, PM might already prioritize minutes from multiple Add-ons in a consumer-friendly fashion. Or they might not.

You could always test it by making a few calls when in USA to see what appears in your usage/billing. 

@88cranston wrote:

If you wanted to just have the best back up options. Would it not make more sense to buy the Canada wide minutes and  400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.?

That makes sense.  One for Cdn wide and other for US/international calling.  

@88cranston wrote:

Yes I realize that. And as I gain faith and trust in PM I would want to have both. And if you have both does PM ensure when calling in Canada using add on minutes that your Canada wide minutes are used first and leave the Canada USA  long distance  distance for USA only?

Supposedly, if you have both add ons and you call Canada, it should deduct from your Canada wide talk add on first.  

88cranston

If you wanted to just have the best back up options. Would it not make more sense to buy the Canada wide minutes and  400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.?

88cranston

Yes I realize that. And as I gain faith and trust in PM I would want to have both. And if you have both does PM ensure when calling in Canada using add on minutes that your Canada wide minutes are used first and leave the Canada USA  long distance  distance for USA only?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@88cranston 

The Canada wide minutes only add on is cheaper.  For customers who do not call US, there is more value for customers for the $5 add on especially for customers with the limited talk minute plans such as $10   50 minutes/50 text plan or $15   100 outgoing minutes plan.  

Need Help? Let's chat.