cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t use talk suddenly

Mimray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tried to place a call but got a message that my plan does not include talk.  In fact my plan is unlimited Canada wide talk and is in good standing. Help said to register for and ask community so here I am. 

12 REPLIES 12

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

If you still need help, you can contact us by sending us a private message on Community here https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Public Mobile Team

Mimray

I believe the problem was basically a badly dialed number due to the way it was stored in my contacts with an extension. The system’s response (error message) to a badly dialed number is misleading. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mimray If the traffic of phone line is busy, you may not be able to call. It happens to Rogers customers too. If you have a FREE calling app, you can use wifi or data to make call. 

All good. Thanks for letting us know...that helps to know when this question pops up again.

Mimray

Hmm ok. I tried another number I frequently use and it works. Went back to the original number I tried and realized it had an extension listed in my contacts where I had simply clicked on the number with extension. So now I  manually dialed without the extension and all is good. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Mimray 

Here are 2 ways to reach a moderator for assistance:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541  I remember when I ported my number from my old service provider, the old SIM was still working after a few hours. My incoming calls even went to the old SIM.

As for whether or not it affects outgoing, you might be right. I did not make any outgoing calls, but my thinking was based on my initial incoming call issues.

Thanks for the info!

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Mimray wrote:

I just tried to place a call but got a message that my plan does not include talk.  In fact my plan is unlimited Canada wide talk and is in good standing. Help said to register for and ask community so here I am. 

Did you have the $15 plan with limited calling ? Perhaps you've used up your calling time already. Get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes don't expire but roll over until you use them up. Great addition to a limited calling plan.

This member has unlimited calling.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mimray wrote:

Did you have the $15 plan with limited calling ? Perhaps you've used up your calling time already. Get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes don't expire but roll over until you use them up. Great addition to a limited calling plan.

Edit; reread and customer has unlimited calling so...my bad.

@pharaohpeter wrote:

When did you activate your plan? Did you port your number from an other company? If your old SIM card might still work for a few hours before your new Public Mobile SIM card is fully activated.

Here's a link to contact the moderators for more help 

Good luck!

@pharaohpeter  Number porting has no effect on outgoing calls. Those should work immediately even if porting isn't yet completed.

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When did you activate your plan? Did you port your number from an other company? If your old SIM card might still work for a few hours before your new Public Mobile SIM card is fully activated.

Here's a link to contact the moderators for more help 

Good luck!

@Mimray wrote:

That message sometimes happen when a phone number is incorrectly dialed. While the 1 should not make any difference other than a brief reminder that a call is long distance (if it is), try adding the 1 before the area code when dialing.

[Solution highlighted ....... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.