cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use some of the apps using mobile data

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't use google maps and some other apps using mobile data. They work fine on wifi. It works last week. Anything changed? Do I need to configure something on my phone?

7 REPLIES 7

hlzhang

Thanks. Looks like clean up the cache solved the problem.

@hlzhang wrote:

Browsing works. These apps works last week though. I didn't change any settings on the phone.

Are the apps that are not working all from Google?

EDIT: Here is a good article .

https://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-data-connection-issues-869393/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hlzhang wrote:

Browsing works. These apps works last week though. I didn't change any settings on the phone.

Right. But somebody might have as a joke. Or some apps just up and do things on their own. The joys of all those permissions we're supposed to allow if we want to use it.

@hlzhang wrote:

Double check to confirm. Are you using the google maps app or a browser?

hlzhang

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@hlzhang wrote:

I can't use google maps and some other apps using mobile data. They work fine on wifi. It works last week. Anything changed? Do I need to configure something on my phone?

Sounds like you need to go to settings and allow those apps to use data. What type of phone do you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hlzhang wrote:

There might be a setting to deny data consumption while on cell data.

Does just regular browsing work?

Need Help? Let's chat.