cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer phone number.

zouloum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have tried to switch from Public Mobile to Bell, however there is an issue with the phone number transfer.

I have been told that you guys are refusing to transfer the phone number.

I'd like to know why this is happening and how we can fix this issue.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous,, prepaid Koodo port ins require mandatory moderator support.

Post paid Koodo port ins should not require moderator support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kendrajmya2 wrote:

Hi,I would like some help transferring my # from koodo

I believe porting from Koodo requires assistance from the moderators. But I could be wrong.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kendrajmya2 are you koodo prepaid or postpaid paid?

If post paid  then you should be able to do it from self serve.

If prepaid you need to contact the mods 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

@Kendrajmya2 wrote:

Certainly, would you mind starting a new thread.

PM Community- select the area you need at the bottom ( Getting Started ) then at the top click new topic.

Kendrajmya2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

who's fault was it?

@zouloum wrote:

No, my account is still active.

Thanks. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zouloum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, my account is still active.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@zouloum I see it's resolved. Just wondering if your account had expired when you tried to port-out?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@zouloum, I'd gladly assist you with your port issue. Please reply to the private message I just sent you so we can sort this out 🙂

Cheers,

Aïssata

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zouloum 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you as far as I know you can port out without any problem you should need your account number with Public Mobile, phone number to port out.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.