cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text after changing CSC from Wind to Telus

Kenny21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before i switched my CSC from Wind to telus. I was able to call, text and use data (3g not 4g/lte). I found a solution to switch my 3g data to 4g/lte (CSC change), which worked but i was no longer able to send text messages. i can still call and use data. I tried switching back to Wind CSC and factory reseting, and no fixes. I tried using a different messaging app as default and still doesn't work. MMS works but not SMS.

15 REPLIES 15

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire
Check your SMSC number. I Android, dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone information.

Press refresh to view existing value. Do NOT press update unless you have filled in the correct value first, otherwise it will overwrite your existing setting.

@Scavenger29 wrote:

http://tamingthedroid.com/what-apn-settings-mean

That's very good information.  However, the OP has stated that only SMS are at issue.  APN settings are completely unrelated to text messaging.  Unfortunately, the OP looking at APN settings isn't going to accomplish anything to fix his/her issue.

Let's everyone please realize that APN settings do not and cannot affect anyting related to calling or text message issues.  APN settings only affect internet usage.  Text mssages (SMS) don't even use the internet connection.

If you're able receive text messages but not send them, the most likely culprit is the phone's SMSC setting.

Scavenger29

Name: Mobile Internet

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: internet + mms

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D

This is what my S7 shows in Apn settings

hope that helps

markjanzen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

weird I'm using a s7 and the csc is XAC since i bought it unlocked and can text fine. i was thinking of changing to telus due to faster updates and for volte (when supported) but wouldn't want these issues. i think public should just get their own CSC (samsung carrier branded firmware) to avoid issues like this.

Kenny21

i tried switching to Telus CSC and factory reseting the phone. Still doesn't work

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Odd. I can't think of anything else other than ensuring your mobile network settings are correct (LTE/GSM/WCDMA AUTO) and that you're on the correct network.

I'd go back to Telus CSC then wipe by powering off the phone and holding the volume up while powering back on. You can then navigate using the volume button to wipe data/factory reset and push the power button to select it.

There are many websites with more details than I've given.

Good luck.

Kenny21

I just tried switching back to Wind CSC and it still doesn't work. I am using the default messaging app

cheeseburger

Does it work again if you switch back to the Wind CSC (I think it's GLW if memory serves)

You're using the stock messaging app?

The only other option I can think of after testing Wind CSC again is switching back to Telus CSC then going nuclear and factory reset.

Kenny21

The Telus "my account" app was installed. I tried switching to a Koodo CSC to see if it would solve the problem, but nope. Yes i have rebooted the phone and remove and inserted the sim card

cheeseburger

Are you sure you picked the right CSC?

Do you see Telus apps installed?

What is the output of *#1234#

Have you rebooted the phone since?

Kenny21

I have a S7 Edge, and the error message is "failed to send message"

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank