cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Can't send txt messages

I just had some friends called. Apparently they didn't get my texts this morning. I have a pixel 3. 

I haven't been able to send msgs from yesterday

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Ive emailed the mods in a private msg..hopefully they can fix the issue for me...just seems odd I can receive msgs but can't send out

@rustynailzfrank  As i mentioned before the problem is a result of your account not being provisioned properly. Only the moderator team can fix it. You just need to be patient and let the moderator fix it for you.

Mayor / Maire

Could be some sort of network-side technicaliissue, a back-end maintenance/upgrade or something.

If so, the only thing you can really do is to report it and hope Public Mobile fixes their account allocations or Telus fixes their hardware. 

I have also updated IOS on my phone and still having the same issue...looks like a Public Mobile issue and not the phone

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried taking sim card out? If not go to where you got the sim card from and ask them to help figure out the issue cause its most likely the plan isnt fully developed 

I have tried everything...my plan worked fine on the previous phone I had...I only switched phones....something either happened during switching phones or a public mobile issue...cos now if I put the Sim in the previous phone...it still can't send a txt msg in which it did previously before the switch to another phone.

Mayor / Maire

Hey @rustynailzfrank why don't you try an app like WhatsApp for sending texts in the meantime? It works over wifi, and although it will use some data if you're on cellular data, at least you can stay in touch. There are a few programs apps like this that all the kids are using! Robot LOL

Edit: oops! I just showed my age by using the word programs! Robot Very Happy

No thanks...I am looking for it to be properly fixed and work for what I pay for. I was only asking if someone knew if he/she had a similar issue and what was done to fix it. I will be awaiting PM response to fix the issue.

Mayor / Maire

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @rustynailzfrank why don't you try an app like WhatsApp for sending texts in the meantime? It works over wifi, and although it will use some data if you're on cellular data, at least you can stay in touch. There are a few programs apps like this that all the kids are using! Robot LOL

Good idea... Whatsapp and a few flavours of Textra are most popular, I personally prefer Signal SMS. If any one of them works then you'll know the real issue is caused by something in software/settings, if none of them work then you'll know the real issue is caused by something else.