cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't send txt messages

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@rustynailzfrank  APN settings have nothing to do with being able to send texts. 

It is for MMS which SMS is often converted to. My friend just activated a few hours ago and her texts wouldn't send out until she fixed the APN settings.

@DanielleMarie Incorrect, SMS does not require MMS to work. You can send out a SMS without MMS

MMS is only required when sending picture messages.

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank

Confirm that you have an Unlimited Text Plan. Or a Limited Text Plan with available (outgoing) Texts. 

Refer to this guide.  You probably have to Reset Network Settings.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure what is going on...I tried everything but just can't send a text message...and I definitely have unlimited incoming/outgoing text msgs....but outgoing is not working...becoming frustrating

Would updating my ios help let me finally to send txt msgs?? Would like to fix this issue asap.

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank 

Updating IOS might be a good idea.

Try your SIM card in a different phone might also help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus Public mobile service issue.  If PM service issue, will need to wait for moderator help.  

Other suggestions: (not sure whether you tried)

1. Network reset

2. Turning on data 

3. Factory reset

Yep, tried everything except IOS update

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank 

Does your SIM card work in another different phone?  Ie. sending texts?

I tried that as well and it still happens the same thing..can't send txt messages

Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank 

Then it is an account issue.  You will need to wait for moderator help.  Expect 1-2 day response time.  

A few more  things to try if account issue.  The lost/stolen phone trick or manually loading $1 into your account. These tricks seem to reset your SIM card/plan.  

If that does not work, sorry, I am out of ideas. 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Ive emailed the mods in a private msg..hopefully they can fix the issue for me...just seems odd I can receive msgs but can't send out