cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send txt messages

rustynailzfrank
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I recently switched to an Iphone 6S, everything works fine except I can't send out txt msgs...I can call out...receive calls and receive txt msgs, but, I can't send out txt msgs...I keep getting a failed sent msg..can anybody help me solve this issue??

44 REPLIES 44

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Nope...still nothing...do I have to configure something else...perhaps VPN?

@rustynailzfrank  I think your account wasn't provisioned properly. You will need to contact the mods for help.

See this post for more info:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Can-t-send-text-messages-on-iPhone-7-...

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Check to make sure your APN settings are correct?

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
or
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

rustynailzfrank

@rustynailzfrankFind these settings under Settings -> Messages

Enable SMS and MMS in iOS MessagesEnable SMS and MMS in iOS Messages

rustynailzfrank

Nope...this method did not work

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

I will try the airplane mode for 15 mins...do I turn off the airplane mode after the 15 mins?

@rustynailzfrank  Yes, turn off airplane mode and once it connects back to public try sending a text.

rustynailzfrank

I will try the airplane mode for 15 mins...do I turn off the airplane mode after the 15 mins?

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Iphone 6S

@rustynailzfrank  Yes, is getting late I missed that you mentioned it in your original post.

Do you have another phone to test with? In the past some customers reported that when switching phones texts started working on both phones.

If you don't have another phone put the iphone in airplane mode for about 15 minutes and try again.

rustynailzfrank

$15 plan...unlimited outgoing/incoming text msgs

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

I recently switched to an Iphone 6S, everything works fine except I can't send out txt msgs...I can call out...receive calls and receive txt msgs, but, I can't send out txt msgs...I keep getting a failed sent msg..can anybody help me solve this issue??

How about what plan are you on?

If the $10 plan then maybe you've used all the texts.

rustynailzfrank

Iphone 6S

rustynailzfrank

I do have iMessage off...cos I know it has nothing to do with regular sms txt messaging...I know it has to be some kind of setting...but, not sure what it can be

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

@rustynailzfrank  That sounds like a settings issue with your phone and/or text app. What type of phone do you use iPhone or Android. Make sure you've cleared the cache of your texting app. If you are using a third party app try using the phone's native text app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rustynailzfrank wrote:

Hi All,

Not being much of an Apple guy but perhaps you need to set the messaging program to SMS and not just iMessage.

Need Help? Let's chat.