cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text

desrt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi,

I have a plan.  It's active.  I have unlimited international texting enabled.  I've checked my APN settings.  I can make phone calls.  I can use data.  I can receive texts.

I can not, however, *send* texts.

Every time I try, I receive a message from 468-5 saying "You’ve entered an incorrect number. Please try again. Vous avez entré un numéro incomplet. Veuillez réessayer.".  This is even when I reply directly to a message that someone sent to me, so I'm quite sure the phone number is correct.  Help?

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite APN isn't involved in sending SMS text messages.  Also, did @desrt say it was an iPhone?  If so, I missed that.  Oops, they did.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@desrt wrote:

We've tried this (just now) but there has been no change.  One more note: this phone is German, and until a couple of days ago, it had a German SIM in it.  We've really checked to make sure that we're sending to a fully properly-prefixed number, though...

@desrt Some things to confirm:

a) Go to Settings >> General >> Profiles and remove any data or vpn profiles there

(if you don't see the profile tab. It means you don't have any profiles installed)

b) Settings >> General >> About wait a moment and if a carrier update is offered accept it

c) Settings >> Messages >> iMessages ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your PM number and iCloud address

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent Annie, I'm guessing @desrt's German phone likely still has the messaging center number from the previous German provider.  Could you push the message center number like you guys do when people have the US Roaming Add-on expiry texting issue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @desrt

Please, send us a private message with your phone number and your account number or your 4 digit PIN number, for security purposes. We'll get it sorted 🙂 

Cheers, 

Annie 

desrt

Any help, @CS_Agent?

desrt

We've tried this (just now) but there has been no change.  One more note: this phone is German, and until a couple of days ago, it had a German SIM in it.  We've really checked to make sure that we're sending to a fully properly-prefixed number, though...

@desrt

Have you tried rebooting / powercycling your phone?

desrt

This is an iPhone, using the standard messaging app.  The account is old, but it was reactivated yesterday after a period of inactivity.

Don't spend any more time playing around with APN settings.  APN settings have nothing to do with text messaging.  Since your data is working, leave those APN settings as they are as making changes could only mess things up in a case such as this.

As long as you don't have any important information or other content from your contact that you need to keep, I would delete the message thread and start a new one.  I would also be sure to use the full phone number, including the +1, area code, and rest of the number.

kingn8link
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When did you activate your account?

Tell us the make/model of your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is it possible to try a different texting app?  Some members have been able to overcome texting problems by using a different app. 

Need Help? Let's chat.