cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send picture messaging on iphone 5

guomao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't send out picture messaging on my iphone 5.

My cellular data and MMS messaging were both enabled.

My iMassege was on

I can send picture messaging via iMassege (iphone to iphone), but can not upload picture to cellular message.

Tried to check APN like someone suggested. In Setting>Cellular data option>Cellular data network>only shows: APN  isp.mb.com; Username; Password (that's all)

Not showing anything about MMS setting, so I can't check MMS APN etc.

I searched all over Settings, and could not find that MMS APN information. Wondering wether that is the cause for failing to send picture massenging.

Should I do Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings? or Any other suggestions.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

guomao

I have read the link. I understand now that APN found under cellular data network in my iPhone 5 is tethered APN, not iPhone APN. To my iPhone 5, I might not be able to set APN (lower version may be manually unlocked). I still have no clue why every thing works in the phone except sending Picture massage, and can't find cellular data MMS settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guomao wrote:

Yes. Wifi off, data on, internet working.

Then the post from krazykiwi just above yours has some good suggestions.

guomao

Yes. Wifi off, data on, internet working.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account and make sure you have data available to you. If you see no data mentioned...you've used it all and will have to either buy an expensive 1GB Add-on for $30 or renew your current plan early.

Whether you have available data or not, they should be able to send MMS as long as cellular data is enabled.

I had a similar problem when activating my daughters iPhone. Was not able to MMS me or my wife.  For me resetting network settings worked, for my wife we had to go to the list of message threads and delete all messages to my wife. Restarted the phone and all was good. Make sure you look for all threads to the same person, I believe the issue arose because they had a conversation via my wife’s phone number and a different conversation via my wife’s email address.

ighsaw

I had issues sending pics from my iPhone, I downloaded "Textra" and used that for texting and it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account and make sure you have data available to you. If you see no data mentioned...you've used it all and will have to either buy an expensive 1GB Add-on for $30 or renew your current plan early.

MMS doesn't need data in the plan or add-on. Data mode just needs to be on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guomao wrote:

My phone is iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3). Does it need to do manual unlock?

Did you read through the link I gave you earlier?

This is more of a hands-on, self-serve kinda place. You kinda gotta be able to figure some things out with information provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@guomao wrote:

Fine to get on internet

Do you mean the internet is working with wifi off?

You're right. I coulda been more clear. Yes...data on - wifi off. Internet?

guomao

My phone is iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3). Does it need to do manual unlock?

@guomao wrote:

Fine to get on internet

Do you mean the internet is working with wifi off?

guomao

Fine to get on internet

guomao

I tried, not working.

@guomao Did you try with different phone numbers?

guomao

I tried with wifi off, cellular data on. Can't upload picture on to the message. No MMS setting in Cellular Data Network. Text message is fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guomao 

Are you able to browse the internet?

This thread seems to be a definitive thread on data. Have a read and see if anything helps you.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@guomao Did you try to disable your wifi before to send MMS with data on?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@guomao wrote:

I can't send out picture messaging on my iphone 5.

My cellular data and MMS messaging were both enabled.

My iMassege was on

I can send picture messaging via iMassege (iphone to iphone), but can not upload picture to cellular message.

Tried to check APN like someone suggested. In Setting>Cellular data option>Cellular data network>only shows: APN  isp.mb.com; Username; Password (that's all)

Not showing anything about MMS setting, so I can't check MMS APN etc.

I searched all over Settings, and could not find that MMS APN information. Wondering wether that is the cause for failing to send picture massenging.

Should I do Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings? or Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Early iPhone APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there. pasted from @Luddite's quirks thread

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.